Chapter 7

The following morning, Andrea woke up and walked to the window to see if Carmen was home and she wasn't.

"I'm guessing the date went well", Andrea said to herself as she walked out of the room to see if Adrienne was up and she was. She was still in the bed though.

"Good morning, gorgeous", Andrea said.

Adrienne didn't say anything.

"You still made at me?", Andrea asked. "Look I'm sorry. I won't do that again"

"Andrea", Adrienne said as she sat up. "It's not just about me being mad alright. I am scared. I couldn't even sleep last night"

Andrea looked at her for a moment then walked to the bed and sat down. "I said that I am sorry", Andrea said.

"Sorry it's going to change the fact that every time I close my eyes, I see bullets going through that guy and his dead body laying on the ground" Adrienne said. "Not only that but I could've died"

"Okay, I think you're exaggerating a little. You just got gazed with a bullet", Andrea said. "How is it feeling by the way?"

"You are being so insensitive right now", Adrienne said. "A few inches to the left could've been my heart Andrea!"

"Shhh", Andrea said. "You auntie is  sneaky ass hell. You never hear her coming"

Adrienne put her face in her hands and starts crying out of frustration.

Andrea sighed. She felt bad.

"Just get out", Adrienne said.

"Look...just please don't tell mom, dad, or Carmen. Don't even tell Jada", Andrea said. "Let's just keep this a secret between you and me"

"Whatever", Adrienne said.

"Come on Adrienne. Promise me", Andrea said.

"I promise.  Now leave me alone", Adrienne said.

"...alright", Andrea said as she stood up and walked out of the room.

When she walked out of the room, she jumped because she saw Carmen come upstairs.

"Mmm, what you up to?", Carmen asked.

"I should ask you the same. Still in the same clothes from last night I see", Andrea said with a smirk.

"Stay in a child's place", Carmen said as she walked past her.

Carmen peek into the room Adrienne was in. "Hey thing 2", she said.

Adrienne looked at Carmen. "Hey", she said.

Carmen walked into the room with a concerned looked.

"What's wrong?", she asked

"Nothing", Adrienne said. "I'm just tried"

"How come you didn't get any sleep?", Carmen asked.

Andrea stood at the door way.

"No reason. I was just up all night on my phone", Adrienne said. "I'm about to sleep now though"

"Okay", Carmen said. "Make sure you rest, that's what makes you so beautiful. The both of you"

Carmen stood up from the bed and walked out the room.

"You need help with something?", Carmen asked.

"No", Andrea said.

"So why you just standing there?", Carmen asked.

"No reason", Andrea said before she walked toward the stairs.