Chapter 14

"Wake up ass up", King said.

Andre woke up out of her sleep.

"We at my apartment", King said.

"Where's the other two guys?", Andrea asked.

"Home", King said. "Come on"

Andrea got out of the backseat as King got out of the driver's seat.

"I have no idea how Jada puts up with yo ass", Andrea said as she saw some men coming up to them and two of them was walking with Jada. "Jada?"

"Andrea?", Jada said.

The guys pushed Jada to King and King grabbed Jada.

"I've been looking all over for yo ass", King said.

"King just leave me alone", Jada said.

"This her?", one of the guys asked King as he pointed to Andrea.

"Yea", King replied.

Andrea made a face.

The guy rubbed his hands together. "Yes, I can get a big chunk of money for her", he said.

"King? Are you serious?", Jada asked. "You're going to get my sister turned into a sex slave?"

"Get her", the guy said.

The other two guys started walking to Andrea.

"Leave her alone!", Jada shouted.

Andrea started to run but the guys grabbed her.

"King you're a bitch", Andrea said.

"It was either you or Adrienne and Jeremiah wasn't going to let that happen. Sorry, gotta do what I gotta do", King said.

"You did not have to do that!", Jada shouted.

"Maybe if you would've been answering my calls and listen, none of this would happen", King said.

Jada tried to get out of King grip.

"Do not take my sister!", Jada said.

The guys threw Andrea in the back of truck.

"Drea!", Jada shouted.

The guys got into the truck and drove off.

"You are unbelievable!", Jada said.

"I warned you", King said.

"And I warned you! We are not the girls you wanna fuck with and you just did it", Jada said.

"Get in the fucking house", King said.

Jada started crying.

"I can't believe you", Jada said.

King grabbed her arm and pulled her toward the apartment.

———

(WITH ADRIENNE)

Adrienne was watching as Dre and Aaliyah argued back and forth. This was first time they actually argued in front of her, so it was foreign to her. She also saw a side of Dre she never saw before.

"Man Aaliyah I don't wanna hear that shit! Yo ass should've have been drinking any way", Dre said.

Aaliyah was touching her forehead.

"All that fucking money gone to waste and you turning back to your habits?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah looked at Adrienne then she looked down.

"Don't do this in front of her", Aaliyah said softly.

"Nah Imma do it because you are being irresponsible", Dre said.

Aaliyah stood up.

"I'm not about to do this with you. Jada is no where to be found, so what if I had a little bit too much to drink?! I have a lot on my mind", Aaliyah said.

"You know better ways to cope with that", Dre said.

"Well they aren't working alright?", Aaliyah said. "And now Andrea is gone"

"Well it's your fault", Dre said.

"My fault? How is this my fault?", Aaliyah asked.

"Because if you weren't drunk, you could've seen who knocked you out or better yet yo ass would've been in the bed and the door would've been locked", Dre said.

Aaliyah shook her head.

"You're lucky, it wasn't the both of them", Dre said as he walked up to her.

Aaliyah walked to her keys and grabbed them.

"Where you going?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah didn't say anything she just grabbed her shoes and walked out.

"Dad?", Adrienne said.

"Yes?", Dre replied.

"It's nobody's fault...don't put the blame on mom", Adrienne said.

"It's some things that you wouldn't understand. Now the only reason why you watched was because I don't want you out of my sight", Dre said.

"What about Andrea?", Adrienne asked.

"I already talked to the police Adrienne. I don't know where she is, or who took her. That's all I can do alright?", Dre said. "It'll be different if I had some connections but I don't alright. In Atlanta, yes. Here? No"

Adrienne looked down.

"Give sit down", Dre said.

Adrienne sat down.

"Everything's going to be alright", Dre said.

"Are you saying that for me or for yourself?", Adrienne asked.

Dre looked down.

"My twin senses are tingling and I don't feel good", Adrienne said.

"Drea is going to be back and so will Jada alright? I promise", Dre said.

"...and mom?", Adrienne asked.

"She'll be back. She just needs a breather", Dre said. "Get some rest"

"Can I go to my room?", Adrienne asked.

"...sure. Keep the door open", Dre said.

Adrienne got up and walked upstairs.

Dre sighed before he looked out the window to see if Aaliyah was outside and she wasn't. He sat down and saw Aaliyah's phone light up. It was a message from a number that wasn't saved in her phone.

He picked it up and unlocked and looked through the messages and it was Kevin.

TO BE CONTINUED...