Chapter 43

Aaliyah and the kids went back to Arizona and at this point it was time for them to go back to school and today was the first day.

Adrienne and Andrea were talking to Jessica when suddenly Jeremiah came up and pulled Adrienne away.

"Boy you scared me", Adrienne said.

Jeremiah looked around then started kissing Adrienne. Adrienne began kissing back then Jeremiah pulled away.

"That was random", Adrienne said.

"I just missed you", Jeremiah said.

"I missed you too", Adrienne replied.

"I was thinking about going on that date tonight or maybe tomorrow night, or Saturday", Jeremiah said.

"I'll have to ask my parents", Adrienne said.

"Eh, I was hoping you didn't say that or at least hope they will say yes", Jeremiah said.

"...it's just that, I have a lot going on right now. Everybody in my family does and I don't know if they would feel comfortable-"

"I'm pretty sure, one date isn't going to hurt Adrienne. Come on", Jeremiah said.

"I know we are talking now but why are you trying to force this? I mean like you know how my dad is", Adrienne said.

"Sneak out then. Look, I just wanna spend some one on one time with you alright?", Jeremiah said. "That's all"

Adrienne started thinking to herself as she looked to the side.

"I'll ask them", Adrienne said.

"...you know what how about this. How about to make things better, we have our first date at your house or my house. In like the backyard or something. Like a picnic", Jeremiah said.

"I will ask them alright. But lucky you they just might say yes to that...also lucky you, we might be able to go to a movie if my mom covers for me", Adrienne said.

"What about your dad?", Jeremiah asked.

"He's out of town...they're going through something and I don't know how things will turn out", Adrienne said.

"...I'm here if you need me", Jeremiah said.

Adrienne nods.

The bell rings.

"I should get to class", Adrienne said.

"Same", Jeremiah said before he kissed her forehead. "Saturday"

"Saturday, if they agree", Adrienne said.

Jeremiah nods and walks away.

Adrienne began walking to class.

———

After school, Aaliyah came to pick the twins up. She was currently on the phone with Jada as she waited.

"Jada, I'm going to tell you this one more time. You do not want the life that you're headed in", Aaliyah said.

"What? Yours? You're perfectly fine. Mom is just a job. It's just me dancing", Jada said.