Chapter 29

"It looks like ya boy finally came back to the house and he killed one of my men", a guy said.

"If y'all hurt him or my daughters, I swear to god I'll-"

"You'll what?", he asked.

"I'll kill you", Aaliyah said.

"Kill me? Let's be real, have you ever shot someone before?", he asked.

"Yes", Aaliyah said.

The guy walked to Aaliyah and pulled out a knife.

Aaliyah started to get a little nervous.

"See me, I could cut your throat before you even blink", he said before he cut her rope that was tied around her wrists. "But I'm not going to do that"

Aaliyah looked at her hands.

"What I hate is empty promises, so be about what you're saying and kill me", he said as he handed her the knife. "Either way, you will not have a family to go back to"

Aaliyah looked at the knife.

The guy pointed to his neck.

"Go ahead", he said.

Aaliyah just looked at him. She wanted to stab him but at the same time she couldn't.

He looked at her and grabbed his knife.

"That's what I thought", he said.

"Just...I will do whatever you want. Just don't hurt them", Aaliyah said.

"What I need is revenge. I want him to suffer. I want to take anything and everything away from him...so he can die knowing that he couldn't save anyone", he said.

"If you wanna kill someone to get back at him. Just...just kill me alright? Please, do not hurt him or my kids. I'm begging you", Aaliyah said.

"Your husband and kids already think you're dead", he said as he stabbed her in the stomach. "And as I already said, I don't like empty promises"

———

(WITH DRE)

After Dre removed his own bullet, he cleaned and wrapped his arm up.

Adrienne walked into the bedroom.

"We're packed", she said.

Dre looked at her. "Okay. We'll leave in a minute so I can drop you guys off at the airport", Dre said.

"You aren't coming?", Adrienne asked.

"No. I have to stay and find your mom", Dre said.

Adrienne looked up so she couldn't start crying.

"Dad, mom is gone", she said. "It took me a while to believe it too but today she never came back"

"That doesn't mean anything. People lie", Dre said.

"Like how you're lying to yourself?", Adrienne said.

Dre stood up.

"Watch your mouth", Dre said.

Adrienne looked to the side.

"We will leave in a minute", Dre said.

Adrienne walked out of the room.

Dre closed his eyes for a moment. He didn't want to think about the fact that Aaliyah was dead. He just wanted her to walk through the door at any moment.

(WITH ANDREA)

"Do you really believe that mom is dead?", Andrea asked.

"...I don't know what to believe", Adrienne said. "I don't wanna believe it"

Andrea looked down.

"I spent almost a month kidnapped. I had man after man take pieces of my soul with them. The only thing that kept me strong was seeing you, dad, and mom again and well...I didn't even get a chance to tell mom about what happened to me and how I feel about it...and for her to tell me something to make me feel better like she always does", Andrea said.

"I'm here", Adrienne said. "Dad is here"

"For now. Next it will be him", Andrea said. "And then we will have nobody"

"Don't say that", Adrienne said.

"It's true. That's why we're going to New York and dad is staying here, Adrienne. Dre knows. I know. He just wants us to be safe", Andrea said.

Adrienne didn't say anything.

Andrea got up.

"Dad will always sacrifice himself for us and then mom is gone or may be gone so he's not thinking as straight", Andrea said.

"What if dad just wants to go after these guys and not give himself up", Adrienne asked.

"Him against who knows how many guys?", Andrea asked.

"He could get help", Adrienne said.

"Yea? From who?", Andrea asked.

"I don't know", Adrienne asked.

(WITH DRE)

Dre pulled out his and took his time to call someone and it went to voicemail.

"Hey, this is Dre. I know we aren't on good terms but I could really use your help...it's about Aaliyah. Call me back as soon as possible", Dre said before he hung up.

TO BE CONTINUED....