Chapter 27

That night Jada went to work, but it wasn't to Amazon. It was at one of the strip clubs. The thought it was fun to let loose for once when she did it that one night in Arizona so she decided to do it while she was living in New York. She was making money by doing it, so why not. And her dad was always out during the night for most nights, so he wouldn't even really know.

"Hey new girl", one of the girls said as she walked up to Jada.

"My name is Jada", Jada replied. "But what?"

"I was going to tell you, you look cute", she said. "How you learn how to do makeup?"

"YouTube videos", Jada said as she stood up. "Anymore questions?"

"Ooh she has attitude. I like it", the girl said and everyone laughed.

Jada looked at them and folded her arms as she looked back at the girl.

"Don't get beside yourself", she said.

"What? You made because I've been getting more attention than you?", Jada asked.

"The only reason for that is because your new. That's all", she said. "Sooner or later you won't be shit"

Jada walked pasted her.

"But right now, I am the shit so bye bye. I have money to make", Jada said before she walked out.

The girl shook her head.

"Little do she know I can her whole family taken out, if she think she's so smart", the girl said.

"You still messing with Tony crazy ass?", another girl asked.

"Of course. The money and the dick to good to let that loose and besides he does what I say", she replied.

"You a trip", the other girl replied.

————

(WITH ADRIENNE)

"My mom is going to kill me", Adrienne said as she got in the car with Jeremiah.

"So I guess you'll risk everything for me huh?", Jeremiah asked.

"No. I wouldn't say that but I would say that I needed to get out of the house", Adrienne said.

"What's going on?", Jeremiah asked.

"Andrea isn't doing so good. She won't talk and my parents...well there's something going on with them", Adrienne said. "I just decided to be around something that's going right"

Jeremiah smiled a little. "We got something good going on don't we?", he asked.

"Yea. Three days worth of us talking, I would hope so", Adrienne said with a giggle.

"Yea but even before we stopped talking for a moment...we had some good going on", Jeremiah said.

Adrienne nods.

"...I really like you Adrienne", Jeremiah said.

"I- I really like you too", Adrienne said shyly. "To tell you the truth, I have always had a crush on you"

"That makes two of us. Well me having a crush on you of course", Jeremiah said.

"I know what you meant", Adrienne said.

"...you know what can make my night before you go back in the house?", Jeremiah asked.

"What?", Adrienne asked.

"A kiss", he said.

Adrienne smiled and looked down.

"Maybe next time", she said before she looked at him.

"Alright", Jeremiah said. "I'm just glad I got a chance to see you"

Adrienne opened the door.

"Goodnight", Adrienne said.

"Goodnight", Jeremiah replied.

Adrienne got out of the car and walked back into the house.

Adrienne looked at the time on her phone  as she walked toward the stairs and that's when she heard movement. It was dark so she couldn't see anyone. She didn't think anything of it. She just thought that she was hearing things.

She walked toward the stairs and took out her phone to call her mom who was still out looking over the company.

Suddenly, she felt someone come up behind her. She ducked as they tried to wrap their hands around her and jumped them causing them to fall.

She ran upstairs and but before she got to her room, the person grabbed grabbed her.

"Where's your dad?", the person asked.

"I don't- I don't know", Adrienne said as she got scared.

"Your mom said the same thing so I find that hard to believe", he said. "Now, I don't wanna harm you because I got a child of my own but when I come back, I assure that you'll tell me the truth. If you contact anyone about this or me, including your dad or the police, you will end up like your mom", he said.

"What did you do to her?", Adrienne asked.

"Let's just say, I hope you guys have a burial site ready for her", he said. "Now, I'll be back here in tomorrow at the this time and I expect you to tell me the truth next time"

"You killed her?!", Adrienne asked. "You say you don't wanna hurt me because you have a child of your own but you just took a parent away from one"

"Well your dad shouldn't have killed King", he said as he let her go. "I'll be back and I want the truth or you'll be next. Remember, if you tell anyone about this, I will know"

Adrienne turned to look at him. She couldn't really see him before her eyes were filled with tears and it was dark.

He walked downstairs and she heard the door shut when he left.

Adrienne leaned against the wall and sat down as she cried at the fact that she would never see her mom again.

TO BE CONTINUED...