Chapter 39

When Dre came back to the hotel, he told Aaliyah that he was going to see if it was a tracker and he didn't want any no for an answer.

Aaliyah was in the mirror at her stomach. She really didn't want there to be a tracker inside of her.

Dre walked to the door.

"You ready?", Dre asked.

"No. But I guess I don't have a choice", Aaliyah said.

"No. You don't", Dre said.

Aaliyah began to walk into the room with Dre.

"You came back pretty quick. That must of been a quick talk", Aaliyah said.

"Yea. I just had to get you something to knock you out", Dre said as he held up a little baggy.

"...Dre you know I can take any of that", Aaliyah said.

"It's either that, or you're up through it", Dre said.

"Can't we just go to a hospital?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yea, go to hospital and they either think your crazy if there is no tracker in you or they ask you all of these questions and involve the police if their is", Dre said.

"Dre, do you even know what you're doing?", Aaliyah asked.

"...no but I'm willing to try", Dre said.

"Dre, it's not just about trying okay. What if I loose too much blood or even if you do, do things right, what if I get hooked onto drunks again", Aaliyah said.

"You didn't get hooked onto alcohol", Dre said.

"That's different okay. Alcohol doesn't make me feel the same way that drugs do", Aaliyah said.

"I don't want you in danger Aaliyah", Dre said.

"Neither do I but I don't wanna die or relapse either!", Aaliyah shouted.

Dre got quiet.

"Everything was fine until all of this happened. I knew that the kids may get into things and hang out with the wrong people because well...they're our kids...but I didn't expect things to be this bad again", Aaliyah said.

"Baby, I know you're scared. But you have to trust me", Dre said.

Aaliyah started as him for a moment.

"You've trusted me from day one and I need you to continue to trust me", Dre said.

Aaliyah got closer to him.

"Just know if you do this, it is a possibility that you may loose your wife", Aaliyah said.

"It will be a possibility either way if I don't", Dre said. "I rather take the chance where I possibly won't. Even if you don't believe I can do it, believe that you can. You're strong. You can fight not getting addicted to these drugs again and you can fight death"

Aaliyah sighed as she snatched the baggie out of his hand and swallowed the pills.

Dre stared at her for a moment. He didn't want to relapse either. He felt bad even having her take it, but she needed to be asleep.