Chapter 47

It's been a couple of weeks since that night they were on the phone home. Dre came back to Arizona this morning and walked into the house.

Aaliyah was sitting on the couch but the tv wasn't on. Her facial expression made Dre think it was something wrong or someone had died or something.

"Are you okay?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah shook her head.

Dre slowly walked to her and sat down next to her.

"What's wrong?", Dre asked.

"...you know I love you. I love you right all of my heart and soul but...I just think that maybe...I made the wrong decision for myself", she said.

Dre made a face.

"You can have everything. The money, the business, the house...I just need my children", she said.

Dre was speechless with a confused look on his face.

"I'm tired. I can't do this anymore. I can't...i can't", she repeated.

"I told you that I'm over that woman", he said.

"This just isn't about Nae...it's about your ways", Aaliyah said.

"My ways?", he asked.

"Yea...violence. I told you once the twins were born that you can do whatever you wanna do up in New York with Killa. But when it comes to my place of living, our place of living. You remain calm and you didn't. Now we are back to square one and not only that but our kids have to witness it", she said.

"That boy did what he did to Andrea. What the fuck was I supposed to do Aaliyah?", he asked.

"Be smart and not make matters worst", Aaliyah said.

Dre rolled his eyes and let out a breath.

"I got in contact with a divorce lawyer and I expect you to do the same", she said.

"Even though I found a way to get XL off our ass?", he asked.

"I didn't know you had something mind but...yea. This is actually serious", Aaliyah said.

"Aaliyah, we are not getting a divorce and that's final", Dre said.

"I didn't ask you what you wanted. This is what I want and it's going to happen", Aaliyah said as she got up. "I put in an application at for apartment and I move in, in two weeks"

Dre stood up.

"What the fuck is your problem?", Dre asked. "Huh? Because you really over doing shit right now"

"No...I'm actually going to fall through this time", Aaliyah said.

"I've treated you good! Better than I have ever treated anybody else!", Dre asked.

"Cheating, lying, putting me in danger, the kids in danger, being in- in love with your ex", Aaliyah said.

"You cheated on me", he said.

"I didn't cheated. I had to do what I had to do with Killa. He was going to force me anyway", Aaliyah said.

"Could've at least wore a condom", Dre said.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes.

"You're the queen of lies and please don't act like you haven't almost got me killed before. What was that dude's name? Ace?", he asked.

"I had that situation handled with problem. You were fine", Aaliyah said. "Look, don't flip this on me. My life may have been complicated but I was fine with it. Once I got with you, that's when shit really got hectic"

"So the truth is finally coming out now?", Dre asked. "So have you been with me for so love. If I'm such a bad person, why are you still here?"

"Because I love you, Andre. I love you and you aren't a bad person", Aaliyah said. "I just can't be 100 with someone who loves someone else!"

"I do not love her!", Dre shouted.

Aaliyah picked up a paper from the coffee table. It was a copy of text messages from Dre's phone.

"I went to Verizon last week. And I got that", Aaliyah said.

Dre looked at it.

"You came here to see her. She was talking about how scared she was and she wanted to see you...you said you'd come today. She apologized for everything she did again and said she missed you...you said you missed her too. She then said those other three words and you said it back", Aaliyah said as she started crying. "Yet, you can sit here and just lie to my face and say that you don't love her, when you're saying it to her? Making me look stupid!?"

Dre reached for Aaliyah's hand.

Aaliyah moved her hand. "No not touch. I hate you...like I said before...it's always been her. She'll always be in the picture because you don't wanna let her go. Yet I'm the dummy because I still love you for some reason"

"I didn't mean it, when I told her that", Dre replied. "I just said it before I felt bad"

"Stop! Just stop lying! Even if that was true, that's a dumb excuse because you're married and yet you still give that bitch the satisfaction!", Aaliyah argued.

Dre looked down.

"Ugh", Aaliyah said as she walked to the stairs and went to the room.

Dre sat on the couch and looked at the paper Aaliyah gave him again then balled it up and threw it.

"Shit", he said in anger as he put his face in his hands.

TO BE CONTINUED....