Chapter 53

The following morning, Aaliyah just got done eating breakfast when someone was at her door.

When she opened the door. It was Dre.

"What?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre walked into the apartment and looked around.

"Um. Yea just come right on in", Aaliyah said sarcastically.

Dre turned to her after he was done looking around and touched her waist.

Aaliyah made a face.

"Why were you with him last night", Dre asked.

"That's none of your business", Aaliyah said.

"Legally you're still my wife", Dre said.

"Mentally and emotionally, I'm not. So it's not your business", Aaliyah said.

Dre put her up against the door.

"It is my business", he said.

He was holding her a little tight.

"Can you let me go please?", Aaliyah asked calmly.

"Tell me why you were with him first", Dre said.

Aaliyah pushed Dre but didn't move back much. He was still in her face.

"Tell me or I swear to god I will-"

"We were just eating!", Aaliyah said interrupting him. "We were just eating...okay?"

"Did you kiss him?", Dre asked.

"No", Aaliyah replied.

"Did yall do anything else?", Dre asked.

"No", Aaliyah replied again. "Now let me go"

Dre stared at her for a moment then let her go and walked to the couch.

Aaliyah looked at her skin, the part where he was gripping, and it was red. She then looked at Dre.

Dre was sitting down with his face in the palms of his hands.

"What is wrong with you?", Aaliyah asked.

"You", he said as he lifted his head up. "You are my problem"

Aaliyah raised her eyebrow.

"I've done everything for you. I've protected you, I've loved you, I made sure you had shit that you wanted and needed. I tried my fucking best. I get what you're saying. I should've been in a marriage if I love someone else but my love for you is totally different. With her, it's more so a friendship/I'm here when you need me type of love but with you Aaliyah...they love I have for you is unexplainable. I will go to hell and back for you. I'm so in love with you, that I don't know what I'd do without you", Dre said.

Aaliyah shook her head.

"Get out", Aaliyah said.

"Aaliyah, listen to me", Dre said.

"No. Just get out", Aaliyah said. "I don't wanna hear this. I've already made up my mind. I'm doing this. I- I love you Dre but I can never have peace and I see that now. I need peace", she said.

"What you need to do is get in the car and get back to the house", Dre said in a normal voice.

Aaliyah looked down.

"You're not understanding me", Aaliyah said.

"Nah. You're not understanding me. I'm not letting you leave me alright. I've gave you time to get your mind together. I gave you time to be alone but I'm getting a little impatient", Dre said.