Chapter 56

"You do know I love you right?", Dre said.

"I know, Dre", Aaliyah said. "I know"

Aaliyah and Dre were outside on their balcony.

Aaliyah was just looking out at the stars.

"You okay?", he asked.

"...I just feel funny leaving the kids", she said.

"We can always see them and plus this is our way of giving them freedom", he said.

Aaliyah turned to look at Dre.

"We've came a long way", Aaliyah said.

"I guess you can say that", Dre said.

"We haven't?", Aaliyah asked.

"Nah... we haven't", Dre said as he sat down.

"I mean I know what we've been through recently but I still think that now, today, we're better", Aaliyah said.

"I haven't changed. You have. So, you have came a long way. Not me", Dre said. "And I'm proud of you"

"...thanks", Aaliyah replied at she looked back at the stars.

Dre looked down as he thought to himself. He was about to say something until Aaliyah spoke.

"I'm going to call the kids", Aaliyah said as she walked back into the house.

"Okay", Dre replied.

————

Andrea got into the car with the guy she talking to earlier.

"You know I could've just walked to the library", Andrea said.

"Yea, true. I picked you up anyway. It's dark outside", he said.

"Didn't think you'd care", she replied.

"Guess my mom raised me right", he said.

"I guess so", she said.

"...one of the guys I was with wanted to know if your sister was available", he said.

"Nah. She's taken", she replied.

"Oh", the guy replied.

Andrea looked out of the window. Ever since her kidnapping and getting raped multiple times, she's been having low self esteem. She just wondered why they wanted to talk to Adrienne and not her. They were twins, they looked alike.

"...my twin and I look the same right?", she asked.

"Like clones to be honest", he said. "Why you ask?"

"Nothing. I was just wondering why he wanted her number and not mine. Not that I want his because I don't but it was just a thought"

The guy smirked himself.

"I don't know Drea", he said. "I mean if you think it's something wrong with you then I can surely tell you it's not"

Andrea looked at him.

"You know what, fuck it. If we being honest here, I wanna get to know you. That's why he asked about your sister instead", he said.