Chapter 38

Aaliyah and Dre barely talked to each other for the rest of the day. Adrienne felt the tension, but she didn't say much. Aaliyah was currently talking to Andrea.

"Mom, I'm fine", Andrea said.

"You're not fine, Andrea. I know you aren't", Aaliyah said.

Andrea looked at Aaliyah.

"Mom, I'm good okay. I wasn't at first but I'm fine now", Andrea said.

Aaliyah didn't say anything.

"...but I do want to learn how to start defending myself", Andrea said.

Aaliyah looked at her.

"I guess that's something we should've had you guys do a long time ago. I guess we thought that we could protect you from things like what you went through but we were wrong", Aaliyah said.

Dre walked into the room.

"We will get something set up for you guys", Aaliyah said.

"Set up what?", Dre asked as he walked into the room.

"She wants to learn how to defend herself", Aaliyah replied.

"That is a great idea, Drea", Dre said.

"Thanks...but um I'm a little tired", Andrea said.

"Tired? Baby it's 6 o'clock", Aaliyah said.

"I know. I didn't get much sleep last night", Andrea said.

"Yea but-"

"Just let her rest", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked at Dre.

"Come on", He added.

Aaliyah looked at Andrea.

"Okay, sweetheart", Aaliyah said before she got up and walked out of the room with Dre.

"So, you asked G about helping you. You even offered him money. Who else are you planning on having to help you because G can do much. Especially not by himself", Dre said.

"...something you're not going to like", Aaliyah said.

"It's not much I can say about what you do now because we're separated", Dre said.

Aaliyah shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"Anyways...I was going to talk to some guys I used to know back in the day", Aaliyah said.

"I'm guessing all you did was talk to niggas", Dre said.

"Didn't get along with a lot of females", Aaliyah said.

"Maybe because you were talking to their niggas", Dre said.

"If they had money then maybe I was", Aaliyah said.

Dre shook his head and looked to the side.

"You done saying dumb shit?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre looked at her.

"Or do you have another idea?", Aaliyah asked.

"I mean like if we get this divorce, we don't have anything to worry about", Dre said.

Aaliyah got closer to him.

"You are not divorcing me alright? It was one thing for us to get a divorce but we still loved each other but it's another thing if you're actually falling out of love for me", Aaliyah said.

"If I'm falling out of love with you then that means something sweetheart", Dre said.

"Yea. It means I need to do better and fight for my marriage", Aaliyah said.

Dre walked away.

Aaliyah watched him.

"For the record Aaliyah, I still love you. I just don't like how you doing things", Dre said.

"I can relate to that...I've been there and I've done that...but just remember that no matter what, my loyal stands with you and it always had been", Aaliyah said.

Dre turned around and looked at her.

"Stop trying to argue your case alright. I don't really want to separate. I just wanted you to understand how upset shit like that makes me", Dre said. "You aren't going anywhere and neither am I"

"You really hurt my feelings", Aaliyah said.

"Good", Dre said. "But I am glad that I know about what that guy so called wants you to do"

"What do you mean "so called"? He does want me to", Aaliyah said.

"Nah. He don't want you to do that. Someone else does", Dre said.

Aaliyah made a face.

"Who?", she asked.

"I'm not sure yet but I doubt it's him", Dre said. "I think someone told him to do that instead"

"Well who do you think did?", Aaliyah asked.

"I won't say anything unless I'm sure", Dre said.

Aaliyah didn't say anything.

"Watch the girls. I'll be back", Dre said.

"Where are you going?", Aaliyah asked.

"Talk to G. I don't need any of those other guys you know. I can get my own", Dre said.

"...okay", Aaliyah said.

Dre grabbed his keys and wallet and left.

TO BE CONTINUED....