Chapter 8

"I'm so tired of you always blaming stuff on me", Killa said.

"Well who's fault is it!?", Carmen shouted.

"Not mine", Killa said. "Look, don't worry about her. I'll find her. She's not even yours, so you're acting overboard about this shit. She's mine. Don't come up in here acting like you know everything in the book about parenting because you don't. Last time I checked you don't have any kids to take care of and that you're selfish"

"Yea because my son died!", Carmen shouted.

Killa looked to the side.

"And I'll go overboard regardless because that's my niece, bastard. I can't believe you just said that to", Carmen said. "And I am not selfish. You're the selfish one. I was going through things and you left me"

"We both were going through things but my feelings didn't matter. It was all about you and our relationship was affected because of it", Killa said. "I had to do what I had to do"

"I tired, Daniel. I tired. You don't know what it's like to go through postpartum depression and depression from losing a child that carried for 5 months", Carmen said as she started tearing up. "I know you were upset about him dying and sad and if I was in the right mindset I would've helped you but I wasn't. I couldn't even think straight and I had to deal with everything by myself. I mean Aaliyah helped me but...most of it was by myself"

Killa got quiet.

Carmen wiped her tears.

"But this isn't about us. Just find your daughter, before Aaliyah and Dre's vacation gets ruined", Carmen said. "Keep me updated... I need to go back to my house and interrogate these girls"

"What did they do?", Killa asked.

"I don't know. I think they did something while I was on a date last night. They're acting weird", Carmen said.

"Date?", Killa asked.

"What? You the only one that gets to find love?", Carmen asked.

"I didn't say that", Killa said.

"...before I go I just wanna say that if you do decide to purpose to your girlfriend then I'm happy for you", Carmen said.

Killa made a face.

"I'm you don't have to play dumb. Jada saw a ring in your room", Carmen said.

"Ring?", Killa asked. He looked confused.

"Killa stop. It's okay. I'm happy for you", Carmen said.

"Yeah I didn't but Jaclyn a ring", Killa said.

"I'll just go because you're acting dumb", Carmen said.

Carmen opened the door.

"I mean like the only ring I could see her talking about is this one that was collecting dust in my closet. I brought it brought 15 years ago", he said.

Carmen stopped walking as her heart dropped. She didn't face him. Her back was still turned to him.

"Things happened and I never got a chance to put it to use", he said.

Carmen looked down as she held back her emotions.

"That ring was intended for one thing and one person only", Killa said.

Carmen continued to walk to her car.

Killa watched her as he sighed.

Carmen got into the car and when she looked up at him he walked back into the house. That's when she pulled off.