Chapter 22

A WEEK LATER...

The man that took Andrea was currently in the room with her.

"You know usually I would care about someone eating or not but if you get any skinnier Imma be out of money. So eat", he said.

Andrea didn't look at him.

"Look, you might as well get used to this shit because you ain't going no where, alright?", he said.

Andrea looked at him.

"I couldn't let a cute face like you go", he said as touched her chin.

Andrea spit in his face.

The guy closed his eyes to recollect himself because he was beyond pissed. Once he opened his eyes he looked at Andrea.

As he continued to look at her he grabbed a blanket and wiped his face.

"That's what you do? You spit in my face?", he asked.

Andrea didn't say anything. She had spoken to him at all. The only thing he ever heard her do is scream and cry.

He grabbed her by her hair and pulled her closer.

"I don't give a fuck if you a girl or not. I don't give a damn about you, nobody gives a damn about you and that's why you here. I'll be nice this time because you new and that's yo first strike, but next time I will fuck you up", he said. "Alright?"

"Alright", Andrea said.

He let go of her. "You can talk", he said.

Andrea touched her head because her scalp hurt from him pulling on it.

"Eat up", he said before he walked out and locked the door behind him.

Andrea looked at his phone that was in her hand. She took it out of his pocket when he was pulling her hair.

Andrea saw him unlock his phone with his passcode once. She got it wrong the first time but the second time she got into the phone. She started to text her dad's phone number but before she could, the guy started to unlock the door.

She turned the screen off and tossed the phone on the floor and laid down and faced the other way.

He opened the door and saw his phone on the floor. He looked at Andrea and Leslie. Leslie was sleep.

He walked to his phone and picked it up then he walked out of the room, locking the door again. He thought that the phone just fell out of his pocket.

Andrea sat up and was relieved he didn't know that she took the phone.

————

(WITH ADRIENNE)

"Adrienne, I don't know what you want me to do. I like you alright. I messed up. Give a brother another chance", Jeremiah said as he walked with Adrienne.

Adrienne stopped walking and looked at him.

"Jeremiah, I'm talking to someone else", Adrienne said.

Jeremiah got quiet for a moment. "...oh. Oh alright. I didn't know", he said in a less excited voice.

Adrienne smiled. "I'm just playing", she said. "Listen my dad will be here any minute now. So if you wanna date me, you gotta be able to get on his good side"

"Usually, parents love me", Jeremiah said.

"Usually? How many parents have you met?", Adrienne asked.

"I mean like my friends' parents", he said.

"Well this is different, buddy", she said.

"Adrienne, he said I made you cry and if that's true than it's gonna be a little complicated...but I'm willing to try my best" Jeremiah said.