Chapter 37

It was the following day and Aaliyah hadn't heard from Dre ever since yesterday morning. She was worried about him because of that. She didn't know if something happened to him or if he was just mad at her.

Aaliyah got a hotel suite for them to stay in for a few days. It had two rooms. One for the twins and other other for Aaliyah.

Aaliyah was sitting in the room debating on whether she was wanted to call Dre.

"You know..."

Aaliyah looked up and saw Dre standing at the door of the room.

"The younger me probably would've fucked you up...but now I've matured", Dre said as he walked to Aaliyah. "So I'm going to sit here and I want you to tell me what you were saying over the phone"

"How did you even know I was here?", Aaliyah asked.

"Your brother", Dre said.

Aaliyah sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Of course", Aaliyah said.

"Now what were you saying? You gotta go to another man and talk about your feelings and open up to them?", Dre asked.

Aaliyah looked down. She told him that but it wasn't the reason why she went there.

"Then you wanna talk about getting a divorce? Not in person but on the phone?", Dre asked.

"Dre-"

"I'm not done", Dre said.

Aaliyah let out a deep breath.

"I heard you went to talk to D Patt", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked at him.

"Even though I've been gone, these are still my streets", Dre said. "Someone told me they saw you"

Aaliyah stood up.

"I went to talk to him, but it's not for the reason you think", Aaliyah said.

"Yea. I know. I went to talk to him first and he told me why you went to him. I mean I could've just came to you and asked you but I can't trust you nowadays", Dre said.

"Really? After one little thing I kept from you?", Aaliyah said. "I didn't fuck Kevin, I didn't even touch him"

"As far as I know, you did because you had to keep that some me. Even when I asked you, where you been that night. You looked me in my eyes with a straight face and said just the store", Dre said.

"You know what I was wrong and I am sorry alright. But I'm not you. I don't let other people tempt me into bed", Aaliyah said.

"Do not turn this shit on me! This is about you at this present moment. This ain't about what I did in the past Liyah!", Dre said.

Aaliyah folded her arms.

"But if you want a divorce, you got one", Dre said.

"Dre the truth is, I don't want a divorce. That guy who took me is making me do this and if I don't I can risk loosing the kids and/or you. He realized that you weren't afraid to die after you went to him that night and decided to make you suffer in another way by you loosing everything that matters to you", Aaliyah said.

"So you kept that from me too", Dre said.

"Because that was apart of the deal", Aaliyah said.

"Alright", Dre said. "We're still getting a divorce"

"Dre, did you not just hear me? He's making me do it, I don't really want this. I mean that's why I talked to G. I was trying to find some way around this!", Aaliyah said.