Chapter 30

Dre dropped the twins off at the airport and Kevin met him at his house.

Kevin got out of his car as Dre pulled up. Once Dre got out of the car he walked to Kevin.

"I hope your aim is better than the other night", Dre said.

"You didn't get a shot either", Kevin said.

"You're right. I didn't. I was too busy trying to make sure I didn't shoot my daughter", Dre said.

"Where's Aaliyah? You said this was about her", Kevin said.

"It is and I don't know exactly where she is", Dre said as he walked to the door of the house.

"Who would take her?", Kevin asked.

Dre didn't say anything as he unlocked the door.

"What aren't you telling me?", Kevin asked.

"I shot King", Dre said.

"King? You did that?", Kevin asked.

"Yes", Dre said as he walked in the house.

"Why?", Kevin asked.

Dre ran into the house because he saw Aaliyah on the floor.

"Liyah?", Dre said as he got in the floor.

Liyah was unresponsive.

Dre checked her pulse.

As he did that Kevin walked in the house and was in shock.

Dre didn't feel a pulse.

"I don't feel a heartbeat", Dre said.

"Check again", Kevin said as he got on the other side of Aaliyah.

Dre sat back and tried his best to hold his emotions back.

Kevin started to shed a tear but wiped it. He realized that she was actually dead.

"We gotta get back at these muthafuckas. I'm calling Killa and Jay", Kevin said.

"No", Dre said.

"What do you mean no?? They killed her!", Kevin said.

"Okay and if we go and kill they people, they'll come for Andrea, Adrienne, Jeremiah,-"

"How do you know about Jeremiah?", Kevin asked.

"He's talking to Adrienne", Dre said. "Either way...all they wanted was me, so it will end with me"

"I don't like you but that doesn't mean I want you to get killed", Kevin said.

"I told her, I told Aaliyah if a situation like this happened to just let them have the information they wanted about me", Dre said. "Even if I couldn't handle the situation, I rather her and the kids be safe than for her getting killed trying to protect me"

Kevin got up.

"All I'm saying is your kids just lost their mom. You want them to lose you too?", Kevin said.

"I don't have a choice. It's my life or theirs! I lost my wife because I wasn't here to protect her. I lost my son because I wasn't strong enough to protect him. Both because I killed someone and it backfired on me. I'm not killing anyone else. I'm not loosing anyone else", Dre said. "My kids have a long life ahead of them and I want them to be able to live it. I have lived mine when I should've died a long time ago"

Kevin didn't say anything.

"As much as I don't wanna say this but I know you still love Aaliyah and so do I. At the end of the day, she would want me to protect the kids and that's what I'm going to do", Dre said.

"It doesn't have to be like that", Kevin said.

"Kevin! Do you not see the cycle? If I kill someone, someone I love suffers. Maybe not now, but in the future", Dre said.

"You lost your son and you just lost Aaliyah too so I know your mind isn't in it. You need to sit and chill out for a minute and think this through", Kevin said.

"I did...that's why the kids are on their way to New York to stay with Carmen", Dre said.

"Wait, so you knew she was dead before this and didn't say anything?", Kevin asked.

"I didn't think she was actually dead", Dre said. "Look, it's a long fucking story. I'm going to do it and that's it Bruh"

Kevin shook his head.

"When you lost your mom, how did you feel?", Kevin asked.

"Don't bring my mother up", Dre said.

"How did you feel though!? Because those girls are going to feel the same way, if not worst! Two parents at that?? Come on dude. I see what you're saying but their mental health is just as important of them being dead or alive", Kevin said.

Dre looked down.

"And you know that. I know you do. You're just broken right now", Kevin said.

"...I didn't man up and just take a bullet before and Andre died. Now Aaliyah...I can't live with that burden of Adrienne and/or Andrea", Dre said.

Kevin got quiet.

Dre shook his head.

"I don't know what to do", Dre said.

"We'll think of something bruh. I'll call Jay and Killa up right now", Kevin said.

"...I'll call Jay", Dre said.

"...yea...he's going to be pretty pissed", Kevin said.

"Yea", Dre said. "...but just give me a minute man"

Kevin nods.

"I'll just go outside and call killa", Kevin said before he walked outside.

Dre looked at Aaliyah's body and put her head in his lap.

"I'm so sorry, Liyah. I broke my promise", Dre said.

TO BE CONTINUED...