chapter forty-two

Y/N groaned as she woke up to the sound of Camila's hair dryer. "You're so loud." She complained once the hair dryer was turned off.

Camila laughed, "Well I was just about to wake you up anyway." She walked over to the bed and sat next to Y/N who was laying on her stomach, her face stuffed into her pillow. "Come on, we gotta go." Camila kissed Y/N's forehead as she lifted her head.

"You really need to learn how to drive yourself." She complained, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

"Then teach me." Camila smiled while pulling a shirt over her head, laughing as Y/N rolled her eyes.

————

Y/N and Camila were almost at Epic, where Camila had a meeting about her contract that was almost over. Y/N's hand was in both of Camila's as the ladder played with her fingers. "What are you nervous about?"

"Huh?" Camila asked, looking over at Y/N.

Y/N nodded towards her hand on Camila's lap. "You fidget with my fingers when your nervous." She pointed out.

"Oh," Camila bit her lip as she interlocked their fingers. "I'm just...I just know something is going to happen."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing goes smoothly with them. They're gonna do something that I won't see coming...I'm not naive enough to think I'll just go in and tell them I'm not re-signing and not be met with repercussions and a struggle." She explained as Y/N pulled into the parking lot.

"Don't let them force you into anything you don't want to do." Y/N told her, turning to face her girlfriend. "Do what will be best for you, not them."

Camila smiled. "Okay. I love you." She told her, leaning in to kiss her.

"I love you too. I'll be here when you're done."

————

Camila chewed on her bottom lip as she sat in the conference room, flanked by both her managers. The executives had just walked in and were currently organizing their papers.

"So, Camila," One of them started. "As I'm sure you're aware, your contract will be expiring at the end of this month." Camila nodded, I've been counting down the days. "We have drafted up a new contract for you. This one is for four years, and three albums."

"Uh," Camila swallowed harshly before sitting up straighter. "I don't want to re-sign with you." She told them. Roger sighed beside her, frustrated because right before the meeting he told Camila to agree to Epic's new terms.

"May I ask why?" He asked.

Camila opened her mouth before closing it again, realizing she didn't want to sugar-coat her answer. "Honestly? Because signing with you was the worst choice I've ever made." Roger sat up, clearing his throat and attempting to stop Camila. "No, let me finish." She told him. "You guys made me hate being in the industry. You used me for your own gain with absolutely no regard for my well-being. You almost ruined my relationship and my love for music. And-"

"That's enough." The man spoke firmly, clearly trying to maintain his composure. "You need to realize that this industry is the way that it is to make you money. Yes, we gain from it, but so do you. You chose this career. You chose to be in the spotlight and you wouldn't be anyone if we hadn't helped you get where you are." Camila stayed silent, unable to think of a response. "Yes, you have the choice not to resign with us but know this, we will end your career as you know it. No one will ever sign you again. We have ways to destroy your life. So, if you love music as much as you claim, you'll smarten up and shut your selfish little mouth." He sneered.

Camila looked to Roger and Gian but both refused to meet her eyes or stand up for her. Her eyes began to water as she realized how truly fucked she was. "Fine. I'll sign."

A different executive went to slide the contract to her before being stopped by the man doing all of the talking. "Since you decided to be so rude," he began. "You lost the privilege of getting that contract." He let confusion take over her small body as he thought of new terms before continuing. "Not only will you sign again with us for five years, you will agree to release four albums in that time and sign another public relations contract with Y/N L/N."

"What? No, you can't do that." She argued.

"Oh I most definitely can as the Public Relations company you are with now is tied to us." He told her. "We'll get that drawn up now." He nodded to one of his colleagues. "Y/N will come in to sign as well."

"Look, I'll sign with you for ten more years, but you can't force her to do that again."

"You should have thought about that before you opened your mouth."

The group sat in silence for quite a while, waiting for the return of the new contracts. Once they came in, she read over them, noticing that they were much more strict than ever before.

She was mostly concerned with the new PR contract. It read that they both must post about the other at least twice a week and must have photos taken and released six times a month. She has to join Y/N on her tour, which she was planning on anyway, but she has to be SEEN at them all as well.

Begrudgingly, she signed.

————

"How'd it go?" Y/N asked as Camila renter ed the car.

"Uh," She had to tell Y/N about the new contract. "I had to sign with them. Five years and four albums. And..."

"And..."

Here goes.

"They just said they'd ruin my career if I didn't." Camila tried to add the other part in but she just couldn't. She knew it would wreck Y/N and their plans for their future.

"Well, shit. I'm sorry, baby." Y/N placed her hand on Camila's thigh comfortingly. "Let's get ice cream, okay?"

"Okay."

When they got back home, Y/N's phone rang.

It was her manager.

————
(a/n): i'm backkkkk
i got a notification that someone added this to a reading list titled "Favorite Book" or something and it was so sweet that i had to update. so if that was you, this is dedicated to you haha

anyway, how do you think y/n will react? do you think she'll be understanding?

don't forget to vote
as always, thanks for reading ♥️