chapter twelve

I pulled up to the side entrance of LAX, parking in front of the large double doors, specifically there for high profile people to get in and out without interference. I locked my car, nodding at Tom, my security guard who pulled up behind me.

Pushing the doors open, I weaved in and out of all the people, heading to the gate that Camila would be coming out of. I stood around, just in time, as I watched people exit, reuniting with their loved ones. Eventually, Camila came out, her small backpack hanging from her shoulders as she looked around the crowd of people. I walked towards her, opening my arms as she broke into a wide smile, running at me. I grunted as her small body collided with mine.

She pulled away, her face close to mine. "Hi." Camila whispered, kissing my nose before pulling away and taking my hand. We made our way towards the baggage claim as I asked about her flight.

I heard the cameras before I saw them, but eventually I spotted a few middle aged men a few yards ahead of us. Camila seemed to notice them too as she squeezed my hand, gaining my attention. I looked over at her as she leaned in, kissing me for the first time in a few weeks. She pulled away after a second with a smile as she leaned into me.

Her actions confused me in a way. She didn't kiss me right away when I saw her. She waited for the cameras. My mind did it's thing and went crazy with different thoughts. Maybe this is still all for show? That can't be it though, we've had real heart to heart conversations when no cameras were around. Right?

————

Leaving the airport, we ran into a few fans waiting outside with their phones ready for a picture. "Hey guys!" Camila exclaimed, letting go of my hand to approach them. I walked up behind her, smiling as well.

"Can we get a picture?" A girl asked as she came closer with her friend.

"Of course, cutie!" Camila smiled, leaning closer with me as the girl snapped a few selfies.

Someone came from our left, looking nervous. "This is gonna sound rude but um...can I get a picture with just you, Camila?" He asked, fiddling with his phone.

"That's not rude at all," She dismissed. "Let's have Y/N take the picture." Camila winked after me before posing with the young man.

"We have to get going but it was great to meet you all." I told them sincerely, opening the passenger door for Camila who hugged them all as well. Once we were both inside the car, I sighed.

"Come here," Camila smirked, kissing me deeply as she held my face. "I. Missed. You." She enunciated each word with a kiss. "So much." She smiled.

"Yeah..I missed you too." I told her, noticing the cameras trying to capture us from outside my car. "Good thing they got that on film, huh?" Couldn't help it.

"What's wrong?" Camila asked, squeezing my hand. "Hey, look at me. What's wrong?"

I sighed deeply, running my tongue over my teeth. "This whole thing...I never know if you're only kissing me because you're supposed to. I saw you in there, you only kissed me once you saw the cameras."

"Y/N...I always want to kiss you. The cameras give me an excuse to." She laughed. "I'm serious." She placed a hand on my cheek to turn my face towards her. "If I could, I'd kiss you all day everyday. And, yeah, when I see a camera, I go overboard but that's what I'm used to. I don't care if they see us or not I still want to kiss you." She told me. "I can show you once we get to your house." Camila smirked at me, causing me to laugh. "There it is!"

"I can't stay mad. Let's just get home." I told her, shifting my car to drive.

"Someone's eager, huh?" She laughed, smirking even more now.