chapter thirty-four

"Hey! Come on in!" Lauren smiled as she opened the door to Studio 3.

"Y/N! It's been awhile!" Jeremy greeted, standing up to hug me.

"Yeah, I know. It's good to work with you again." I took a seat next to Lauren on the couch against the wall. Jeremy was sitting in the chair at the sound board. "Well, let's get into it. What's the plan for the song?"

Lauren looked at Jeremy who nodded, allowing her to explain. "Okay, so we have this idea for a song that's about like the lack of communication in relationships." My eyes widened at the accuracy of the song to my current situation. "Kinda like 'hey, if i'm too clingy or just too much, like, tell me that. Let me know.'"

"I like that." I nodded with a smile. "Whenever I write I like to actually relate and I definitely can with this one. Can I hear what you have so far?" Jeremy nodded, playing the track. I nodded along to the music until Lauren's part, which had been recorded previously, came on.

But you haven't made the time to communicate
I don't wanna fight you
Even though I would like to
I'm too fucking tired of the cycle
You keep throwing me into these situations babe
No reciprocation, no takin' responsibility
And I'm done and you're cold
We're in love but we're just too grown
To keep doing this to each other
Better let me know

Her voice is so raspy and breathy. The flow with the track is unbelievable and I'm fairly certain my voice will be a background with her verse sounding like that. "So what do you think?" Jeremy asked. "Obviously we'll adjust some once we get your parts. You'll be doing the chorus and pre-chorus as well as your own verse."

"I love it." I turned to Lauren. "Your voice is incredible. Really." I complimented.

"Thank you." She blushed. "We, uh, have some of the chorus written. Mostly ideas, if you want to take a look." She handed me her notebook, opened to the specific page.

Sometimes I can be stupid
Get a little crazy
Get a little hazy
Sometimes I can get jealous
Get a little selfish
Just let me know

"This is good." I nodded, thinking on it some before I began singing.

Sometimes I get a little bit stupid
Act a little bit crazy
Get a little bit hazy
Baby, sometimes I get a little bit jealous
Act a little bit reckless
Get a little bit selfish

"That's good." Jeremy nodded. "Let's start recording."

————

"Thank you again for agreeing to do this." Lauren said as we walked out of the studio.

"Of course. Like I said, I don't hate you, Lauren. And you're unbelievably talented. I'd be stupid to turn down working with you." I complimented, checking my phone with a sigh.

"What is it?" She asked, her full eyebrows furrowing.

"Nothing." I breathed out, sliding my phone into my back pocket. Lauren gave me a look telling me she knew I was lying. Sighing again, I spoke. "It's just...Camila and I are fighting right now. There's just a lot happening."

"Do you want to talk about it?" She offered. "I know it's late, but if you want to get some food and vent I'm down."

"I don't want to put you in that situation. It's fine." I brushed off.

"Y/N, it's okay. If you need to talk, I'm here." She insisted.

I sighed, giving in. "Alright. Let's go before I change my mind."