chapter ten

"Maybe we should go." Camila suggested, interlocking her fingers around my neck. "You're shaking. You look like you're still freaking the fuck out."

"Well, maybe that's because I am still freaking the fuck out." I laughed along with the small brunette in my arms. "We can't though. We're supposed to have a 'beach day'" I sighed.

"So? There's a pool here too. We can go there if you're good with pools?" Camila shrugged, raising her eyebrows in suggestion. I nodded gratefully as we both trudged to the shore line. "They really brought out all the stops, huh?" She laughed humorlessly at all the cameramen surrounding us.

"Yes they did." I sighed, taking Camila's hand as we walked with our heads down towards the pool.

————

"So, just to let you know," Camila swam over to me, where I stood leaning against the pool wall. "I have a friend coming over tonight." She bit her lip. I looked at her in question causing her to lean in, her mouth close to my ear. "Dinah. Make it look like I'm kissing your neck or something." She spoke lowly before placing a small kiss on my neck. I found it odd before realized that everyone was supposed to think the girls weren't in contact anymore.

"Alright, cool. I can't wait to meet her." I smiled, leaning in to kiss Camila's lips, cameras shuttering in the background.

"You'll really like her. She's fun to be around." Camila smiled. Before I knew what was happening, I was smacked in the face with water. Camila threw her head back with laughter at my shocked reaction.

"Oh, you're so gonna get it." I threatened, grabbing Camila's waist as she shrieked. I lifted her and threw her back down into the water. She came up and gasped for air while she laughed some more, charging at me. Due to the fact that we were in a pool, she wasn't coming at me too fast. She wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. We looked at each other, out of breath and smiling.

————

As we walked up to Camila's front door, she opened it and stepped inside, neither of us speaking. I followed her up to her room, the tension was thick in the air but I didn't know what to expect exactly. When we got to her door, she turned around, her back pressed against it, her eyes black.

I moved in, our lips smashing together. Camila moaned into my mouth as I softly bit her bottom lip. I pressed myself against her body, our bathing suits still somewhat wet. Camila fumbled blindly for the door knob, twisting it when she found it and opening the door. We stumbled into her room, neither one of us looking where we were going as we tried to make our way to her bed.

"I think now's a pretty good time to make my presence known." We jumped apart as if there was an electric spark shocking us. I looked at the source of the sound, my heart beating wildly. "No, no, carry on." Dinah spoke, her face showing nothing but seriousness.

"Dinah." Camila breathes out, her hand on her heart. "I thought you were getting here for eight?" Dinah stood, smiling as she walked up to Camila, lifting her into a large hug.

"I know. But I missed you and had nothing else to do so..." She put Camila down before turning to me. "Ah, you must be the one who finally made Mila here realize she's worth more than a toxic relationship, huh?" Dinah places her hand on my shoulder as I blushed, my hand coming up to rub the back of my neck. "Relax, girl! I'm kidding." She laughed, forcing a laugh out of me as well. I looked over at Camila who was shaking her head that rested in her hands. "I'm Dinah. Nice to meet you, Y/N." She smiled, hugging me.

"Yeah...you too." I smiled as well, though mine was more forced. If I'm being honest, I was extremely uncomfortable. It was mostly just my nerves due to the fact that I met Camila's best friend after we were caught in a heated make out session. The tension was still thick in the air but for a different reason all together now.

"Well, I'll let you two get dressed. I'll be downstairs." Dinah walked out of the door, poking her head back in a second later. "If you're not down in five minutes I'm coming up here." She warned before leaving for good this time.

I walked over to the door, slowly closing it. "I'm so sorry." Camila said, her hands on her cheeks.

"Don't worry about it." I smiled, walking over to her. "It's all good. A little embarrassing but it's all good."

"I know but that Lauren comment...it was uncalled for." She said, her hands resting on my neck.

"Maybe a little." I joked, crinkling my nose. "Let's get dressed before she comes up here and drags us down." Camila laughed as I grabbed my clothes, moving into her bathroom to change.

————

Camila's P.O.V.

"There she is!" Dinah exclaimed as I walked into the kitchen to find her. "Where's Y/N?" She asked.

"Uh, she's on the phone right now." I told her, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

"Spill it, Chanch." Dinah spoke. I knew Dinah could see right through me. She knew there was something on my mind that I hadn't told her. I shook my head, dismissing her. "Come on, what happened? Is it Lauren?" She asked, tilting her head.

"Kinda," I breathed out, biting my lip. Dinah looked at me expectantly. I sighed, "Well, I met up with her late last night. I'm sure you saw the pictures." Dinah nodded, prompting me to continue. "I ended it with Lauren. For good." I told her.

"That's great! I mean, I know it must have been hard but it was for the best, Mila." I nodded, taking a sip of water. "Now what else is there? I know there's more to that story."

I capped the water bottle, walking around the island to stand closer to her. "She kissed me. And I let her." I said, causing Dinah to sigh. She opened her mouth to speak but I wasn't finished. "And we had sex." I rushed out lowly, so only she could hear.

"Camila!" She yelled, causing me to jump. Dinah quieted down before continuing. "Why would you do that? You have an amazing girl in the other room who would do anything for you! Why would you do something to jeopardize that!" She whisper-yelled.

"I don't know!" I replied in the same way. "It was like a goodbye thing. Like a last time thing, you know?" I reasoned.

"Okay." She sighed. "How did Y/N feel about that?" I stayed silent, poking my tongue in my cheek. "Jesus, Mila. You have to tell her! You'd want to know. Think about when Lauren cheated on you and you had to find out yourself."

"I didn't cheat on Y/N." I defended. "We're not together."

"Oh, bullshit. Camila, you know that's bullshit. Don't even try." Dinah was clearly getting upset but I understood. I just wish she'd try and see from my perspective as well. "I mean even if I look at it from your point if view, I get it but still. That's something you tell her right away. Before you start dating officially. Clear the air and be honest, clean slate and all."

"I know. I just...I don't how to tell her."

"Because you know it's gonna hurt her." I looked away, telling her she was right. "I don't know how she'll react, I don't know her that well. But either way, tell her."

"What if she leaves, Dinah? She's the best person I've ever met. I don't want to fuck that up before it even starts." I told her, my eyes filling with unshed tears.

"Well, you should have thought about that before you let it go that far with Lauren." She said, walking out of the kitchen and into the living room.

I sighed again. I knew I had to tell Y/N but I don't know when. The one thing that kept me from hating myself was knowing that I didn't cheat on her. I couldn't forgive myself if I did. But, I knew that that was a poor excuse. I feel like, official relationship or not, what I did was wrong. I needed to fess up before she found out from anyone besides me.

————

(a/n) next chapter, y/n and camila hear about the solution to this mess with the photos.

are you on dinah's side or camila's? how do you think camila's going to tell y/n?

don't forget to vote!!
thanks for reading❤️