chapter forty four

As Camila walked through security, she began to regret not grabbing a hoodie or something—anything—to hide her identity. As she walked to her gate, people's eyes stared at her a little too long, trying to place where they knew her from. She tilted her head down, letting her hair cover her face.

Being seen right now is the last thing she needs. Her eyes were puffy from crying, her cheeks puffy from wiping away her tears. A picture with a fan circulating the internet while she's in her current state would not be good.

She took a seat near her gate and waited to be called to board. Eventually, the inevitable happened and two teenage girls came up to her. "H-hey...can we get a picture?"

"Uh..." Camila wanted to say no, actually she wished the girls would notice how upset she clearly is and leave her alone, but she hated saying no to her fans. "Yeah, sure." She faked a smile and stood up to pose for a picture with them.

"Thank you!" One of them said. Camila only smiled in return. The girl looked around. "Is Y/N with you?" She asked, her friend hitting her arm.

Camila's smile dropped and her heart clenched. No, she thought, the love of my life kicked me out. "Uh, no. She's staying here to record some more." Her fake smile returned, trying to hide her sadness. Her eyes pleaded with them to leave. She looked around, avoiding their staring.

"Oh, well, have a safe flight!" The other girl said. "Thanks again for the picture." The two walked away, muttering to themselves. Great, Camila thought, I'm definitely gonna hear about that one.

Once she was finally on the plane, Camila put her AirPods in her ears and went to her music app. Against her better judgment, she shuffled the playlist of unreleased songs Y/N had written for her. Her eyes watered at the sound of her voice and she quickly sent her a text.

My love♥️: i love you. forever

She didn't accept a response so she put her phone on airplane mode and closed her eyes as the plane took off.

————

Hours later, the plane landed and Camila came out to find her mother waiting for her. She immediately collapsed in her arms and sobbed into her neck as her mother rubbed her back comfortingly. Sinu didn't know the full story, only that Camila needed to come home now after a huge fallout with Y/N.

Camila pulled back and noticed some people looking at her. She wiped away her tears quickly and began to walk towards the exit. "People are outside." Her mother told her.

"Of course they are." Camila muttered. It had been almost five hours, so the picture of her at an airport probably spread everywhere. She noticed everyone staring at the doors waiting for her. "I can't." She told her mother who nodded understandingly.

They opened the door and walked out, the fans calling Camila's name. "Let's go, Karla. We're already late." Her mother spoke rather loudly so the crowd would understand why their idol didn't stop to talk. Camila gave them a wave and blew them a kiss as she got into her parent's car, her dad in the driver's seat and Sofi in the back next to her. Her sister held her hand the whole way home.

As soon as the car was in park, Camila got out and walked inside, collapsing on the couch and curled up with a pillow. Her father came over and sat on the floor in front of her, placing a kiss in her forehead. Sofi and her mother came over, Sofi cuddling up to her as Sinu sat on the armrest, caressing her daughter's hair.

Camila was never more appreciative of her family before in her life. Having them here to comfort her was exactly what she needed. "I love her so much." She said, her voice breaking off into a sob after.