chapter five

"I'm not getting into this with you right now." Camila sighed, walking over to the large floor to ceiling window, overlooking the city.

I scoffed, following Camila's footsteps and standing beside her. I took a deep breath, making sure my anger was in check. We wouldn't get anywhere if I was yelling. "Was it all a game to you?" I finally settled on asking.

"What?" Camilas head snapped to look at me. "Why would you think that?" She asked, sounding hurt.

"You told her we were just 'having fun'. Were we just 'having fun' at the beach too?" I asked her. Camila looked down at her feet, biting her lip.

"I'm sorry...I-I didn't mean it like that." She told me. I began to feel bad, seeing her so upset. Then I realized that I had no reason to feel bad for her. "So...now what happens?"

"Well, I'll tell you right now, I'm not gonna be someone you have on the side when you can't have the person you want." I spoke clearly and with finality.

"I can't just break up with her. We were together for two and a half years. There's so much history. Why can't you and I just continue like we were? I mean you knew about Lauren then, anyway." Camila trailed off, picking at the railing.

"I thought you ended it before coming onto me. I didn't think you were cheating on her with me." I squinted my eyes trying to see if she was serious right now. "Do you still love her?" I asked quietly, looking out at the city.

"Of course I do. I just...I don't know if I'm in love with her anymore." Camila confessed. "Somewhere along the way my love for her and for our friendship blurred together. I can't tell if I love her or am in love with her. But she's all I've known." Camila got quiet, her eyes becoming glossy. "What if...what if she's the one for me? I don't want to lose that because I was unsure."

"Camila, I think you already know the answer to that. The way I see it, if you have any sort of doubt, then you've already made up your mind. Even if it's subconsciously." I told her, finally turning to look at her again.

"Yeah..." She sniffled, wiping her eyes before turning to me. "Where'd you get so wise?" She chuckled.

"I've experienced a lot." I shrugged. "No one's saying you have to break up with Lauren right now. But eventually, you should." I told her honestly. "And that's not coming from the girl who has feelings for you. That's coming from your friend." I smiled. "Let's get some sleep."

"Can we still cuddle?" She asked softly. I smiled, climbing in bed and lifting the covers for her. Camila crawled into my arms, laying on my chest. "Can I still kiss you?"

"Camila..." I warned, my resolve was thinning, having her this close. Camila looked at my lips and bit her own before shaking her head and laying her head down.

"Not until you're sure." She muttered into my chest, falling asleep shortly after.

————

Cam🥰: Y/NN

Cam🥰: Y/NN

Cam🥰: Y/N

Cam🥰: daddy

Y/N💞: what😳

Cam🥰: well there you are 😏

Y/N💞: stop it. why'd you text me

Cam🥰: mi madre asked when you're landing. she's making a big dinner for when you meet my family

Y/N💞: she does know we're not ACTUALLY dating right

Cam🥰: yes🙄 but that's just how she is

Y/N💞: okay. well i'm landing around 6. i gtg

Cam🥰: see you then...

Y/N💞: don't you dare

Cam🥰:...daddy😏

Y/N💞: goodbye camila

Cam🥰: hehehe see you later😘

————

I landed about a half hour ago, around 5:00 pm. I was early but that was planned. I wanted to surprise Camila at the studio because I haven't seen her for a few months. We were both working on our albums at our respective studios, not leaving much time for each other. Besides, the public was getting sick of seeing pictures of us everywhere and everyday.

The SUV pulled up in front of the studio, and I stepped out as the chauffeur opened the door, informing me that he would drop my bags off at the Cabello's, where I would be staying. I nodded and thanked him before walking up towards the building. There were quite a few fans gathered outside the small oceanside studio.

"Oh my God, Y/N?" A girl asked, gaining the attention of all the others. I smiled walking up to them.

"Hey guys." I hugged a few of them, deciding I would stick around and chat for a bit. "You guys waiting for Cam?"

"Yeah. Are you here to visit her?" One boy asked. I nodded with a smile as they all cooed.

"I figured I'd surprise her, I haven't seen her for a bit." They all nodded, asking for some pictures which I obviously agreed too. "Alright guys, I'm gonna head in now. I'll tell Cam you're waiting to see her." I walked into the building and down the corridor towards the room Camila always uses.

"You're making me a liar
Because my clothes are on the floor"

"That was a good run through, Camila. We'll play it back and look through it. You can take a short break." The producer said, looking back at me and smiling in greeting.

"If it's okay with you, I'd like to keep going for a bit? I want to do another take for the chorus." Camila asked into the mic as she kept her eyes on her phone.

"You sure? You have a visitor." The producer said, causing Camila to look up from her phone. She smiled when she noticed me and quickly left the booth, wrapping me in a hug.

"You're here!" She squealed, wrapping her legs around my waist.

"I am." I laughed, placing my hands under her thighs respectfully to hold her up. "You sound great by the way."

"Thank you. It could be better though." She shrugged, her mouth against my ear. "I'm gonna kiss you? If that's okay? There's some people here who would wonder why I didn't." She whispered softly. I nodded in response as she pulled her head back, and leaned in. Kissing my lips for the first time in a long time. Too long.

"You can keep going. I didn't mean to interrupt," I told her, pulling away. Camila shook her head, pulling me back in with her hand on the back of my neck. I easily kissed her back, loving every minute of this. For the people, I reminded myself, only for them.

————

(a/n) so it's getting there haha. some feels are floating in the air

what do you think will happen with the impending release of CC2? and what about Y/N's album?

lmk what you guys want to see more of and i'll try and work it in. also feel free to ask any clarifying questions as well.

thanks for reading❤️