chapter thirty-three

Camila's P.O.V.

"This album is absolutely amazing! I honestly have been listening to it all day!" Rebecca, the interviewer exclaimed.

"Aw, thank you! That means so much, really." I smiled. I knew she maybe listened to it once but had to say that anyway.

"My favorite is Used To This. It's just so...it conveys falling in love so well."

"Thank you! Yeah, I wanted to encompass all of what romance really is. From admitting your feelings, to crushing, to dating and falling in love, and even the break up. Oh, and the anger afterwards." I added with a laugh.

"You did a really good job getting all of that across." She smiled widely. "So, Used To This is clearly about a trip you went on with a special someone to San Francisco, yes? One Y/N         L/N?"

"Well, I don't like to associate songs with someone's name. It just kind of—"

"There's a picture of her eyes in the booklet!" She interrupted.

"What's that?" I had no idea what she was talking about and I needed to know I heard her correctly.

"Y/N's eyes. There's a picture of them in the song booklet for Used To This." I saw the image appear on the screen behind us. Smiling, I acted bashful.

"Well...just a little hint." I teased, but inside I was fuming. No one told me about this 'edit'.

"A big one." She smiled but seemed to notice my tensed state. Thankfully, she read the next card, moving on rather quickly. "I have to ask, you mention 'two years' a lot. What does that refer to exactly?"

I swallowed harshly, no one prepped me for this question. "Uh, I had met...someone...and I developed a crush. The two years basically envelops the feeling of dread with having them come into your life romantically after you thought you moved on" I explained lamely.

"You had you met Y/N for the first time over the summer, correct?" I knew what she was doing. She wanted to know who the song is about if it doesn't correlate with the story.

"Yes." Time to lie. Again. "The first time I saw her though, was at an awards show. Instant crush."

Rebecca laughed way too hard. I know I'm funny but that was too much. "That's adorable! Did she feel the same?"

"I don't know. She probably didn't notice me." I laughed.

"Oh, that can't be true! Look at you!" She exclaimed, gesturing up and down my body. When interviewers are so over-the-top like this, it kind of annoys me. I laughed awkwardly, hoping she'd move on. "Shameless and Liar, those are clearly about admitting to yourself that you have feelings for someone. Was it different finding out you liked women as well? Like, was it harder to admit?"

Officially, the story is yes. And in a way, that was true. But, I also didn't struggle too much with accepting that. "Well, uh, not necessarily. I mean, yes because we're raised to believe we need a man. Thankfully, I had a good support system though. Which I hope to also act as for other people when they're confronted with that same confusion." There, half lie. Plus, I spoke out some too. Boom.

————

Y/N's P.O.V.

I was bored. So bored. Camila was doing her promo and I was stuck in a New York hotel room waiting. Slouching on the couch, I pulled out my phone to look through my social media accounts.

Deciding to look through my DMs, I opened Twitter and scrolled through my many messages until one caught my eye.

Lauren Jauregui
Hey
Yeah this is weird, I'm sorry
Anyways, I'm working on a song with Jeremy Lloyd and we both agreed that you'd sound perfect on this track if you're interested