chapter thirteen

I quietly opened my front door, balancing one coffee in my hand and Camila's tea between my arm and body. Once inside, I made my way towards my bedroom where I assumed Camila was still asleep. Turning the corner into my room, I found Camila sitting up on the bed, her arms folded over her legs as her head rested on them. I could tell by the way her body moved erratically with each breath that she was crying. "Woah, what happened?" I asked, placing the drinks on the nightstand and moving closer to her till I was sitting next to her, rubbing her back.

She lifted her head, tears staining her tan cheeks as she looked at me with so much guilt and sorrow. It broke my heart. "I'm sorry," She whispered. "Someone...they sent me a dm this morning and I..." Camila looked down at her phone and I picked it up, looking at the open screen. All I saw was a grainy video. I cautiously pressed play.

All I could see was the top of two people's heads, some tall grass blocking the full view. I could tell by the movements what was happening. If I didn't recognize the place I would have no clue who these people were. "That's..."

"Me and Lauren." She sobbed, placing her head on her arms again as her body shook. "I'm sorry...I was gonna tell you, I was...just..." I rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. "It wasn't anything like...it was a goodbye thing, ya know? I'm not gonna say it just happened because...it didn't and I could have stopped it but I didn't and...I don't regret it but I regret hurting you and I just...I'm so sorry, Y/N." She rushed out.

"Hey, Camila, breathe...just breathe with me. Inhale for seven seconds," I waited till she followed my advice before continuing. "Good, now hold it for seven seconds. Now breathe out for another seven. Repeat that a few times." I instructed, waiting until she had successfully calmed down. "Okay, good."

"Why aren't you yelling or...leaving?" She asked, her voice shaking.

"Because I know." Her eyes widened and she looked extremely confused. "I thought something happened when I got there that night. I didn't know for sure but I just...I don't know I had a feeling." She bit her lip, looking close to breaking down again. "Then I heard you and Dinah and I knew for sure." I admitted.

"You never said anything. Why didn't you say anything?" She asked, sniffling a few times as she wiped her eyes.

"I wanted you to tell me. I'm not mad. I'm hurt, yeah but...if I put myself in your shoes then I'd do the same." Her eyes softened, causing me to smile. "She was your first everything. I'd be stupid and naive to think I can just show up and change everything you two went through." I kissed her forehead before pulling her back with me, holding her head to my chest.

"I should have said something right away. I was so scared you'd leave. I'm not a cheater...I'm not a person who cheats." She told me, fresh tears wetting my shirt.

"I know. I don't feel like you cheated on me. We were just starting something. I get that you had to end something else." I stroked her hair, playing with the tips as I held her.

Camila looked up at me and smiled softly. "You're incredible." I laughed, embarrassed. "No, really. You're so mature. If it were me I don't think I'd be as understanding, honestly." She leaned up, kissing my chin.

"I think you would be. You're more mature and strong than you know." Camila shrugged, pulling me closer. "Why did they send you that video? Who even was it?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I don't usually get video messages so I looked and...yeah." She told me.
A few seconds later her phone rang.

Lauren Jauregui

I smiled at the new contact name, nodding at her to answer the phone. She answered it and put it on speaker

"Hey, Lauren." She greeted stiffly. I could tell she was uncomfortable with this.

"Camz, I got this video this morning and...it's us. They got us on video at the beach and I don't know what to do." Lauren rushed out in a panic. "I don't want this to come back on you with Y/N. I never meant for this to happen." She said, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"I got it too. It's okay. Y/N knows and she's okay. I'm worried too but so far nothing has happened." Camila told her, Lauren sighing on the other line, clearly calming down.

The two girls talked for a bit more as I lay there thinking. As pleased as I am with Lauren's concern for Camila and I, what did she mean when she said she didn't mean for this to happen? Once Camila hung up, I spoke up. "She never meant for what to happen?"

"What? What are you talking about?" She asked.

"She said she never meant for this to happen." I sat up, causing Camila to do so as well. I watched as Camila connected the dots, her mouth opening slightly.

"She called them..." She whispered. Camila raked her fingers through her hair, pulling tightly. "All this time, you were right. She called them. That bitch...I-"

"Woah, hey." I lightly grabbed her wrists pulling her hands away from her hair before she pulls it out. "I truly believe she didn't think anyone would record that. Besides, that wasn't the paparazzi. It's too shaky and shit. Someone else saw you. This isn't on her, even if she did call them."

"I guess you're right. I just can't believe she did that in the first place. Nothing good would come out of it." She shook her head in disbelief.

"We got a song out of it." I told her, shedding light on the brighter side of things.

"That's true. It's a good song too." She laughed. I pulled her closer, kissing her lightly as we fell back into the bed. We lay together for a few moments before drifting back to sleep, drowning out everything but the two of us, together.

————
(a/n): heyyyyyy
i've had it planned that y/n knew about what happened but i didn't know how exactly to bring it up
thanks @ishgaby for the ideaaaa

i have a list of songs for y/n's albums but are there any songs you guys would want on there?
what do you think of y/n's reaction? would you do the same?

don't forget to vote and comment!
thanks for reading❤️