chapter thirty-six

Camila's P.O.V.

We were driving down the traffic filled street in LA, on our way to the airport. Y/N was gonna drop me off as today is the start of our "breakup".

The plan was that I would fly to Miami where my family will pick me up. There will be paparazzi there to capture me looking 'distraught'. Y/N would stay here in LA where she'll take different pictures in different outfits. That way, she can come to Miami tomorrow and no one will know she's there. The pictures of her will come out at different times to make it look like she's still in LA.

I looked out the window, watching the people we drove by. My mind was flooded with the one reoccurring thought that has been going through my head a lot recently. Without thinking, I blurted out, "I want a baby."

Y/N chuckled, looking over at me. "Okay?"

"No, I mean like...I want a baby now." I clarified. I watched as my girlfriend choked, looking between me and the road multiple times. "You don't have to look so scared." I laughed.

"It's just...we never talked about this before..." She told me, gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"Oh...do you...not want kids?" I asked carefully. I wasn't sure how I would react if she didn't want children. I always knew I wanted a family and I would be devastated if she didn't share that mindset.

"No! No, I do." She reassured me, causing me to exhale a breath of relief. "Just maybe not right now. I don't think it's the right time."

"They say there's never a 'right time'." I pointed out. "We should just do it now. I mean, why not?"

Y/N's face had paled quite a bit since I brought this up, I could see the sweat beading on her forehead. "Camila, you do know we're going through a public break up right now, right?"

"Of course I know that. But we're not really breaking up...right?"

Y/N laughed. "No, we're not really breaking up. But still, if you get pregnant during a time where everyone thinks we're not together, it'll look really bad. I can already see how the public will react."

"Oh, fuck the public and what they think." I snapped, truly over having to detour my plans for my public image. "Y/N, right now is a good time."

"I'm about to go on tour!" She argued. "How is it a good time?"

"Because," I started, already having thought this through. "Let's say I get pregnant on the first try, I can tour with you and by the time your tour is done, the baby will be here. Then we're both on break for a bit." Y/N was quiet, clearly thinking about how to combat what I had said. I smirked, knowing my plan was solid.

We drove in silence the rest of the way to the airport. Eventually, she pulled up to the side entrance, putting the car in park and releasing a deep sigh. "If you don't want to have kids right now that's okay." I assured her, though I was sad at the thought. "Just be honest and say that. Don't try and find excuses for why we shouldn't."

She took a deep breath. "I don't know." She ran her hands down her face. "Let's revisit this when you don't have a plane to catch, okay?" Y/N got out of the car, grabbing my bags from the back seat.

"Thanks." I muttered as I met her behind the car.

"Hey," She ducked her head down to meet my eyes as I looked down at the ground. "We will talk about this. I promise. Just not when we're on a time crunch, okay?"

"Okay." I smiled softly, kissing her lips. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Of course. Have fun with your family." I hugged her one last time before making my way into the building.