chapter thirty-two

Camila's P.O.V.

"How are you and Y/N doing anyway?" Dinah asked as she took a sip from her glass of pinot grigio. "Still doing the slow thing?" I nodded at her, adjusting myself so I was sitting on my legs. Dinah squinted her eyes at me. "Why do I feel like you are not taking things slow?"

"We are." I quickly defended. "Well...we kind of have a...friends with benefits situation right now."

"Mila!" Dinah sat up straighter, her wine sloshing over the side of her glass. "Didn't you learn from Lauren that that's not a good idea?"

"It's different with Y/N. Besides, we're still working on ourselves." I shrugged. "I know we're gonna end up together."

"Not for nothing, but you said that about Lauren too." I scoffed at her response, telling her this was much different.

"There's a big difference between a first love and a true love." I told her.

"Yes, but still." She calmed down some, relaxing once again. "Look, you and Y/N don't have as much history. And I'm well aware that all loves are different. Just be careful. I mean, after the contract, what are you guys gonna do?"

"Exactly what we're doing now." I told her, pouring more wine into my glass.

"Yeah, but right now you're being sent to see her and vice versa. Like, she's part of your schedule." Dinah explained. "After the contract, she won't be."

I looked into my drink, taking in what she was saying. "We'll work it out." I told her definitively. "I know with us both being in the industry it'll be hard but, I know we'll be okay. Should I talk to her about it?" I asked as I took in Dinah's facial expression.

"It wouldn't be a bad idea. Ya know, part of the whole 'open communication' thing."

————

Y/N's P.O.V.

Camila was curled into my side, her head tucked into my neck as I held her naked body close to mine. "Y/N?" She asked, causing me to hum in response. "What are we gonna do when the contract is up?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, sitting up some.

Camila sat up as well, the sheet falling, exposing her bare chest. "Well, we won't be like scheduled to see each other. It's gonna be hard to like...work that out, ya know?" I nodded, understanding what she meant now. "Like, do you wanna see each other less? When we don't have to see each other?"

"I mean, we see each other a lot now because we're forced to." I laughed until I noticed Camila's face fall a little. "No, I didn't mean it in a bad way." I rushed out. "I'm happy with how much I get to see you. I'm just saying, when we're not forced to, it's gonna be harder to just travel wherever."

"Yeah, I get it." She smiled softly at me. "You're going on tour soon too. And then I am. That's a long time to be away from each other." Camila looked down, playing with the sheet in her hands. "I don't wanna be away from you for that long." She muttered.

"Camila," I sighed sadly as I thought to myself. "Here," I grabbed her hands. "My tour starts up first, so when you're not doing promo, you can join me. Then when my tour ends, I'll join you on yours." I watched her smile grow and I felt accomplished. "So there's only a few months where our tours overlap."

"Do you think...we'll be together?" She asked softly.

"I'd like to think so." I smiled.

"Honestly, I hate this. Like, I love that we're still so close. And I get that we have to work on ourselves." She looked up at me, her eyes somewhat glossy. "But, I love you. And I hate not being able to just...kiss you. And hold you. When we have sex, I can tell you love me just the same. I hate pretending we don't."

"I'm not pretending I don't." I refuted. "I didn't know how comfortable you were with saying it. Like the 'no kissing' rule." I shrugged. "I figured that means saying 'I love you' is off the table too."

"I feel like...if we're taking baby steps, then we can add something every once in a while. If we've been doing okay. So, if you want to add that?" She suggested. I smiled widely and nodded. "I love you." Camila bit her lip.

"I love you too." Camila leaned over me, her mouth brushing against my ear before she whispered.

"Then show me."

————
(a/n): AN IDEA😱😱
i'm so sorry about the short chapters but when i finally get an idea, i want to write it and get it to you guys even if it's 300+ words less than usual

what do you think is gonna happen with the contract ending?

imma start adding small hints at the end of chapters that will have smth to do with future chapters and you guys can comment what you think it means 😈
hint⬇️

let me know

don't forget to vote
thanks for reading❤️

(this has nothing to do with the story but please read it)
i know some of you do not live in the US but, as i'm sure you know, POC are being treated HORRIBLY but some members of law enforcement (as well as other people).
i want to make it known that i support Black Lives Matter because in order for there to be real equality, we need to raise awareness for the people who are forced to face discrimination every single day of their lives.
i may not be a person of color but i see you guys and i support you. if any of you need someone to just vent to please feel free to message me.

i'd also like to say that obviously not all police officers are guilty. but for the ones who commit murder on innocent people they need to be held accountable. it is completely unacceptable for any person to be let off so easily. these people resign from their jobs and go free after they took an innocent person's life just because of the color of their skin.

more awareness needs to be brought to this subject and i won't stop doing whatever i can to help in anyway.

#BlackLivesMatter✊🏿✊🏾✊🏽✊🏼