chapter twenty-eight

"Wow," Dinah raised her eyebrows as she pulled open the door, finding me on her doorstep. "You have some nerve showing up at a house with four girls who are ready to beat your ass."

"Dinah, please. Can I talk to her?" I asked, my hands shoved in my pockets.

"Ha, no. Not a chance." I opened my mouth only to be silenced my her raised hand. "No, you don't get to talk to her right now. That girl," Dinah pointed behind her, inside the house. "Was up all night crying. At two in the morning she threw up because she was sobbing so much. And I'll be damned if I let you up there when she's still this upset."

"Okay," I nodded. "I get that. But you have to believe me when I say I didn't mean for anything like this to happen."

"That's funny. Cause from what I heard, you slept with some girl because you thought Camila was fucking Lauren?" I bit my lip and looked down. "Yeah, that's all she was able to tell me before she completely lost it. And for the record, Camila didn't speak to her—no, she didn't even look at her for more than a second."

"Well, after everything that happened, I just figured..." I shook my head, feeling tears spring to my eyes again. "I'm not the only guilty one here, Dinah."

"Oh, I know you didn't just say that." Dinah clenched her jaw. "Kissing someone in the heat of the moment and bringing someone home fuck, for revenge nonetheless, are two very different things." She sneered.

"Okay, clearly I'm not gonna get anywhere here so I'm gonna go home." I told her, turning around to leave. "Let Camila know I stopped by please."

"Yeah, I probably won't." With that, Dinah slammed the door shut.

————

"So, your album is doing amazing!" The interviewer, Kasey, exclaimed as the cameras started rolling. "I mean, this is week four of you being in the top five on Billboard. That's huge!"

"Thank you," I smiled shyly. "It's, uh, pretty amazing, honestly."

"I'm sure." Kasey looked down at the cards in her lap, reading her first question. "So, there is a fairly big contrast on this album. I mean we get love songs such as Black And White and then TiO. What made you add two songs from two very different angles?"

"Well, uh," I blushed slightly at her question. "I don't think they're that contrasting. Uh, they're both songs that outline a relationship. You have the love and affection and then the...other parts."

"'The other parts', sure." She laughed. "Now, I believe it's fair to say that you had a specific muse for these songs." I bit my lip as she smirked at me. "How did Camila feel about the tracks?"

"Uh," I swallowed harshly at the mention of her name. "She actually didn't hear them till they were released. Which she didn't like, at all." I chuckled along with Kasey. "But, overall she really liked them all. Some made her emotional. Others...well, ya know." I blushed.

"I think I do," The smirk appeared on her face yet again. "We had her on here not too long ago, and she explained that you really helped her find herself. How does that make you feel?"

I looked off to the side, looking at my manager who gestured for me to continue, to follow along with the script. "It makes me feel great, that I could help her. But, I think she already knew herself very well. She just needed me for that final push with...things." I smiled, noticing my manager's shocked look.

"What do you mean by 'things'?" Kasey asked.

"Well, Camila already knew herself. That she was gay. But, others didn't agree with that. So, I came into the picture and, yeah." I nodded.

"So...you're saying that Camila didn't figure her sexuality out with you? That she knew but was held back to come out?" She asked me, her expression was calm but in her eyes, I could see her excitment. This would be big news. "By who?"

I glanced at my manager, and I knew I couldn't do this. Exposing everything wouldn't end well. "No, not that exactly. She was nervous on other people's views of it all. But now she's comfortable with it. With me. Uh, if you don't mind, can we move on? It's not my place to discuss this." I smiled slightly, receiving a disappointed not from Kasey as I clammed up.

"Well, back to your album. Will there be a tour at all?" She asked, gathering herself again.

"Yeah, definitely. I always loved touring. Besides writing, it's my favorite part of the album process. Getting to see everyone. It's great." I smiled genuinely this time, thinking about finally performing in front of my fans again. For the first time in a week, Camila wasn't taking up all my thoughts.

————
(a/n): ya this isn't great but ik it's been awhile so i wanted to do smth

tbh i'm struggling w some ideas so if you want to see smth particular, lmk and i'll see what i can do.

anyway, don't forget to vote
thanks for reading ❤️