chapter sixteen

fetus vibes^^ i genuinely teared up when she posted this 🥺 also that outfit 🥵🥵

"You ready?" I asked Camila as we lay in bed. "What time is it?"

"It's..." She checked her phone. "11:43. Seventeen minutes. I'm actually shaking." She laughed, lifting her wobbly hand to show me.

Best Years was coming out at midnight tonight and we were both extremely nervous. Even though we were really proud of the song, other people's opinions are still super important to us. "They're gonna like it." I told her, hoping to help relieve her nerves, even though mine were no better.

"Yeah...I don't know I just always am so scared they won't like it. We don't have a video coming out with it or anything." Camila sighed, playing with the hair tie on her wrist.

"We can make one at home later on. Plus, if the song blows up, we'll get to make one." I smiled at her, but she was still visibly shaking, her face pale. "Here, lay down on your back." I instructed. "Okay, now just close your eyes and think of somewhere peaceful. Like the beach in Miami."

"Well, that place no longer makes me feel at peace..." Camila muttered.

"Right, my bad." I chuckled nervously. "Well, just think of somewhere that does make you feel at peace." I placed myself somewhere as well, following my own advice. "And really picture yourself there. Feel the sun and the atmosphere around you, feel the presence of someone important, like your family or something." Camila's hand inched over until her pinky linked with mine. I smiled as I kept my eyes closed, turning my hand over to interlock our fingers. "Where are you?" I asked softly.

"The beach we went to in San Francisco. Just us laying there under the moon." She told me quietly.

"Is it crazy that I'm there too?" I asked, causing Camila to laugh lightly. We were ripped away from our peace by her phone alarm going off, signaling that it is 11:59. "Shit." I sat up quickly along with Camila, who grabbed her phone.

"One minute." She looked at me and smiled. "I'm excited."

"Me too." I agreed, biting my lip. We stared at each other for some time before Camila snapped back to reality.

"Oh shit. Fifteen seconds." She looked at me, as we both began counting down till the clock hit midnight. "It's out." Camila smiled, lunging at me as she kissed my lips, falling backwards with me.

We got carried away with each other for the next ten or fifteen minutes. Once we were back to the real world, I opened up twitter to see people's reactions.

@kccabeYo_3
GUYS THIS IS THE CUTEST WHAT—

@harryscherrypie     ngl i was expecting a sex song but this shit HITS

@harryscherrypie
ngl i was expecting a sex song but this shit HITS

@y/ns_mila
it's a good song but idk it's kinda bland? like don't get me wrong i like it, it just seems rushed 🤷‍♀️
@cabello__l/n
i don't think so. if you really listen, the song has a lot of meaning behind it
@y/ns_mila
care to elaborate?
@cabello__l/n
look at the thread on my acc :)