chapter eight

(a/n): quick note: the song from the last chapter that y/n released was The Other Side by Jason Derulo

"Camila? There you are!" I sped up, making my way towards where Camila sat on the sand, the spot she showed me the other night. "I woke up and you were gone. What happened?" Camila sat in silence, looking out at the ocean. I sat beside her, looking at her as I waited for some reaction to my words.

We sat there for probably ten minutes and just as I was about to give up hope on a reply, Camila spoke. "I did it. I ended things with Lauren." She immediately started crying, causing me to bring her into my chest, cradling her head. "I don't even know why I'm crying," she sobbed out. "I don't even love her anymore."

"I know. It's because of the history that's there. It's okay for you to be sad." I told her. I let her cry, her tears soaking my shirt. "It'll be okay." I told her. I held her until she fell asleep, her head now on my lap. I took out my phone, checking twitter.

@camren.yolo
do we think it's a coincidence that lauren was seen at a 24 hour diner at 2 am, looking like she'd been crying?
@camzi_y/n
i mean....they are both in miami...
@y/n__y/ln
ya they both live there. plus y/n is there too so

@camila_jauregay
GUYS
THIS ISNT A DRILL
CAMILA AND LAUREN WERE SEEN TOGETHER
@camren.yolo
they were seen on the same beach at the same time. that's enough for me guys
@camila_jauregay
y/n has been awfully quiet since this all came out....🤭

@Y/N_Official
[insert photo]
guys look at my baby sleeping on my lap
🥺👉👈
@camren.yolo
YOU BEEN SEEING OUR TWEETS SIS
YOU AINT SLICK
@y/n.rainbowed
how about we leave them be?? it probably isn't even like that

I locked my phone, sighing heavily. Something wasn't right here. I know from this whole experience that the paparazzi don't just hang around and wait. They have to be called and given a tip. I really didn't want to think about it but either Lauren or Camila had to have alerted them. It couldn't have been Camila though right? She came here to end it all.

I looked over, seeing Camila's phone laying beside her. I shouldn't. I really shouldn't. Oh, fuck it. I reached over, picking up her iPhone and swiping to unlock it. Password. Shit. After thinking for a few minutes, I put in Sofia's birthday. Way too easy, Cam.

Once I was in, I went to her phone app and looked through her recent calls.

Lolo💚 Outgoing Call 1:36 am

Mamá🤰🏼💃🏻 Incoming Call Yesterday 6:43 pm

Daddy🥵❤️ Outgoing Call Yesterday 7:24 pm

I shook my head with a laugh. Of course. But, on the bright side, she didn't make that call. It must have been Lauren. The beach is deserted at this time. Camila began to stir in my lap, causing me to smile at her cuteness, as I quickly threw the phone on the sand beside her, where I had grabbed it.

"How long was I asleep?" She grumbled.

"Not long. Maybe twenty minutes. We should get you home so you can get some real sleep in bed." Camila nodded, allowing me to help her up and walk her to the house.

————

"Cam, hey, you gotta get up." I lightly shook the sleeping girl. She mumbled something and rolled over, shoving her face into her pillow. "No, no, no, come on. Up." I pulled her up, making her sit upright and she opened her eyes.

"M'tired." She mumbled. I smiled at how cute she was when she just woke up. "What time is it?"

"A little after noon." I told her. Her eyes widened as she reached over, grabbing her phone. "Hey, uh...can I ask you something?" I questioned. "Camila?"

"Does it have something to do with the nine missed calls I have from Roger?" She turned her phone to show me. "What happened?"

"Some pictures came out. Of you and Lauren...at the beach." Camila's face became white, worrying me that she may be about to get sick or something. "Well kind of. It showed you both walking on it, alone but around the same time. It's easy to connect the dots." The color returned to her face some as she went back to her phone. "Wait, Camila." I placed my hand over hers, lowering her phone. She looked up at me again. "If they caught you...did she..."

"Call them? No, no way. She hates the public getting too invasive, she wouldn't have. No." Camila shook her head, sending Roger a text to let him know that she was caught up.

"Then how did they know? You didn't call them." Camila looked at her skeptically. "I checked. Last night. Sofi's birthday." I shrugged.

"Okay well, that's not cool. But no, I didn't. Maybe a fan spotted us?" She suggested. I shook my head. "Shit. Alright I'm gonna call Roger and see what he wants to do." She kissed my cheek before climbing out of bed. My eyes dropped down to her ass in just a pair of boy shorts. "Perv." She smirked before ducking into the bathroom.

————
(a/n): VERY short chapter, my bad. i want to update daily if i can (ik all authors say that but imma try. you have permission to yell at me if i don't)

so...who called the paparazzi? what was their agenda? and how will they fix it?

thanks for reading❤️