chapter forty-one

I woke up before Camila so I decided to go downstairs and make myself some coffee. The house was silent so I assumed everyone else was asleep. Upon finding the coffee pot almost full with fresh coffee, I realized I wasn't the only one awake. "Good morning, Y/N." I heard behind me. From the deep accent, I knew it was Alejandro.

I was a little thrown off, as we haven't spoken since the major blowout a few weeks ago. "Uh, good morning." I smiled softly, turning around with my mug in hand.

"Can we talk?" He asked, his features were soft and calming. I nodded, following him out to the front porch where we sat. "I wanted to apologize." He began, taking a deep breath. "I shouldn't have judged you before I knew you. It's just...I saw Camila when she came home so upset after a fight with you. And that's all I really knew about you."

"I understand, sir." I nodded, my leg bouncing due to my anxiety.

He chuckled, "There's no need for the formalities, Y/N." I nodded awkwardly. "It's my fault for not taking the time to get to know you. I let my views on Lauren cloud everything else. You see, I watched Lauren grow up with my daughter. And I never really saw the bad, because they were usually on the road." He explained.

"That makes sense." I replied. "I'm sorry too, for blowing up on you like I did. I shouldn't have done that."

"No, you had every right too." He smiled softly. "I was being a jerk." We both laughed softly. "Anyway, my point is, I've been watching you and Camila for the past few weeks and I can see just how happy you make her. Of course, and I know I don't have to remind you of this, but being able to make someone so unbelievably happy gives you the power to make them unbelievably sad as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is to be careful."

"Of course. I understand that. And we've both been working on bettering ourselves and strengthening our relationship."

"I know. And, Y/N, it takes a lot to admit you've messed up. The two of you are more grown up than I gave you credit for." He admitted. "And.." He took a deep breath. "If a family is what the two of you want, then I'll be here to support you both. Just as I wanted from my own parents and Sinu's as well."

I gave him a watery smile, not realizing how much his acceptance would mean to me. "That means so much. I know Camila values her family more than anything else. And since I love Camila more than anything else, I value you all as well. So, thank you."

Alejandro stood and pulled me into a hug. "What did I miss?" Camila asked, walking outside. Her hair was a complete mess and her face still puffy with sleep.

I pulled away from the hug and over to my love. "Good morning, beautiful." I placed a kiss on her forehead before handing her my coffee and going to get myself a new one.

As I disappeared into the house, I heard Camila ask, "No really, what did I miss?" Followed by Alejandro's deep laughter.

————

Camila hadn't had a chance to see the other girls in quite a while with everything that was going on. So, they all decided to get together today at Dinah's and hang out by her pool. Although I had originally said I would stay back to give them time alone, they all insisted I come along. 

So, I was currently in the pool resting against the side, Camila in my arms. Ally was the only other one in the pool with us, Dinah and Normani were laying on chairs in the sun. Lauren had to finish some stuff in the studio but she said she'd be here eventually.

"Lauren asked if she could bring someone with her." Dinah told us as she read a text she had just received. "Are we good with that?" She asked, mostly eyeing Camila.

Camila looked around, realizing everyone had their eyes on her, awaiting her reply. "I mean, yeah. You guys let Y/N come. Why not?" She shrugged. I smiled, happy that she was now comfortable with Lauren's company, even if that included a 'guest'. 

About a half hour later, the door to the back yard swung open. "Hey, bitches!" Lauren loudly greeted, walking out hand-in-hand with another woman. She was around Lauren's height, long brown hair, and a wide smile. "This is Sophia, my uh, friend." Lauren introduced. "Sophia these are the girls."

"We have names, Lo." Normani joked with a roll of her eyes.

"Its okay," Sophia spoke. "I know your names already." She laughed, followed by the rest of us. Lauren sat in one of the chairs, taking off her shoes. "I wasn't expecting a pool party. I just have to change." 

"I'll show you the bathroom." Lauren smiled, leading her inside. 

Once the two disappeared, Dinah immediately began talking in a, somewhat hushed, tone. "A 'friend'. What do we think ladies?"

"Yeah, they're not friends." Ally laughed. "Did you hear how she paused before she said that? They're definitely dating." I nervously glanced down at Camila's face, smiling once I saw her calmly giggling along, seemingly unbothered by Sophia's presence. I placed a soft kiss on her temple, to which she leaned into.

"Well, let's ask her." Dinah announced as Lauren returned. "Are y'all fucking or no?" She abruptly asked.

Lauren looked taken aback before she blushed. "We're not even together...officially." 

"Ha! Yeah like that means anything." Dinah laughed. "You and Camila still fucked like rabbits even when you weren't together." Everyone grew silent, looking between me, Lauren, and Camila. "Sorry..."

"It's fine, Dinah." I assured.

"Uh, speaking of," Lauren nervously chuckled. "Can we like, not talk about Camila and I today?"

Everyone nodded, understanding how weird it would be for your current almost-girlfriend to hear about your past relationships. "Oh my God," Camila marveled, leading us to all look at her in confusion, except Lauren who just looked caught. "Lauren Michelle, you haven't told her about us." Now, we all looked to Lauren, who looked down, her lips pursed. "After all the secrets we kept from each other, you should know that you have to tell her." 

"I know. I just don't know how or when to do it." She argued.

"How about right now?" Dinah asked, pointing to Sophia who had just reappeared. 

We all looked between them, Sophia looking as confused as ever. "Soph, uh," Lauren looked overwhelmed, clearly unprepared for this. "There's something I should tell you." She looked towards Camila who just nodded softly.

"About you and Camila?" She asked. "If it's about how you two were together, I know." Sophia shrugged.

"I...how?"

"Lauren, come on." She laughed. "I'm not stupid. You told me about a past relationship and that you were always together, that you worked together." Lauren only replied with a soft 'oh...' "Hey, don't  look so upset. It's fine. I'm not mad or anything." She kneeled beside Lauren with a smile. "I knew you'd get to it when you're comfortable." She kissed Lauren's cheek before pulling her up with her and over to the pool stairs. 

I looked at Camila who was smiling softly at the two of them. "You okay?"

"Huh?" She asked, looking up at me. "Oh, yeah I'm good. I'm just thinking about how if that were me and Lauren, we'd get into a fight over it. I'm just happy we both found healthy relationships with healthy people who make us truly happy." I smiled brightly, kissing her lips.

------

(a/n): so i got a new computer and its fun to type on it so there's my inspiration LMAO

also, i graduated saturday so that's cool

this is kinda just a quick filler chapter. im not sure how fast/slow y'all want this story to progress so lmk :) and you know i had to add in my baby soph

dont forget to vote (here and in the elections 😉)

thanks for reading❤️