chapter twenty-five

Camila's P.O.V.

It had been two days since that now viral video came out. Two very, very hectic days which led up to Lauren and I sitting in a small conference room with Benjamin. Throughout the years, Benjamin has been the top guy in the whole 'Camren Situation'. And, he was a dick.

"So, ladies," He began, leaning on the table, his hands pressed down. "Before we get into specifics, I need to know...did either of you have any knowledge of this videos existence?" Lauren and I looked at each other. "Well, that's wonderful. Now, pray tell, why didn't you think to mention it?"

"I didn't think it was going to get out." Lauren replied shortly.

"You didn't think it was going to get out?" Benjamin scoffed. "How naive must you be?" He looked at both of us before turning his attention to me. "What about you, Camila?"

I swallowed harshly. "I figured we should ignore it like we do anything else that comes out about us." I said, looking down at my hands.

"Yeah, none of that was a sex tape!" He yelled. "Jesus, I mean really? You just figured a sex tape would be the same as some pictures? How idiotic can you possibly be!" I clenched my jaw, willing myself to stay calm and not cry.

"Hey! Leave her alone, okay? This is a lot for anyone to deal with. We didn't want it to get out anymore than you did." Lauren defended with a scowl.

"No? So you're saying after seven years, the two of you just no longer care about people knowing?" He asked rhetorically. "What changed since, oh I don't know, a year ago?"

"I'm in a new relationship now." I said, finally looking up at him. "So, we're both moving on with everything."

"Oh, great, you're in a relationship now." Benjamin pushes off the table and crossed his arms. "Mind telling me who exactly?"

"Y/N L/N." I told him.

"On paper. Don't give me that bullshit. Even with Matthew you tried to get the truth out!" He sounded exasperated at this point, clearly near his tipping point.

"Because I'm actually with Y/N. It's more than a contract now." I looked him in the eye, now fed up with him completely. "Why don't we just say it isn't us?"

"Mhm," He looked at me as if he was trying to figure out if I was telling the truth. "You can't say that because that implies there is a 'you'." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Is there anything else incriminating, regarding you two, that I should know about?"

"Incriminating? What, are we back in time seventy years? To when homosexuality was a crime?" Lauren snapped.

"Well, it would be easier if it was." Benjamin spoke under his breath.

"Excuse me?" Lauren pushes her chair back and stood. Oh no. "After everything not only Camila and I have been through, but everyone in the community, you have the audacity to say that? After years of fighting and years of trying to accept ourselves you think you can just say something like that? I can't even look at you right now." She scoffed, grabbing her bag and heading for the door. Benjamin tried to say something but she cut him off. "Don't worry, I won't say anything about it." She sneered, slamming the door shut.

"Someone's time of the month." He spoke under his breath, gathering his papers.

"Wow, you are an absolutely disgusting human being." I spoke with venom before walking out just as Lauren did moments before. I found her leaning against the wall of the hallway, her head back and eyes shut. "Hey," I got her attention. "Thanks for sticking up for me in there." I smiled.