chapter forty-five

Nothing about the past week had been easy for Y/N. She didn't leave her house, just tried to make time pass faster. Everywhere she looked, in every room, just reminded her of something related to Camila. Of course she was still upset with what Camila did but she fucking missed her.

Having all this time to herself gave her a lot of time to think. She realized that Camila didn't mean to hurt her and as comforting as that is, it almost makes everything that much worse. Sure, Camila didn't mean to hurt her, but she did. She didn't take Y/N or her feelings into consideration at all and that scared her. It seemed that all Camila was worried about was her own career which makes sense if someone else's wellbeing wasn't hanging in the balance.

The upcoming few months, and honestly the next couple years in general, were gonna be hell. Y/N knew that no matter what Camila said to her when she saw her again, they couldn't be together. Hopefully that would change someday because honestly, Y/N was fairly certain Camila was the love of her life. But even if she was, the timing still needed to be right. If they jumped back into a relationship, she could seriously lose Camila forever. They jumped into it too quickly before and ended up here and Y/N would be damned if she let that happen again. The few months of bliss didn't make up for the pain they both faced when something inevitably went wrong.

Y/N looked out of the plane window as it approached the airport. In just a few minutes she would see Camila again. Her heart was beating uncontrollably at that fact for two reasons. One being that she was undeniably still in love with the brunette Latina, and the second being the fact that she would have to bury how she felt for the greater good.

After waiting for about ten minutes, Y/N was walking down the ramp and into the airport. She looked down at her phone to see a text from Camila.

Camila: i'm waiting by the gate. there's a few paps here just so you know

With a sigh, Y/N slid her phone into her pocket and prepared herself for what was to come. She rounded the corner, shrugging her duffle bag further up on her shoulder as she looked around for Camila. When she spotted her, Camila ran over causing Y/N to drop the duffle as she forced a large smile, which was much more genuine than she wanted it to be.

Camila jumped into her arms and wrapped her legs around Y/N's torso as clicks from cameras were heard in the distance. "I'm gonna kiss you." Camila whispered into her ears but it was formed as more of a question. She expected this because if they didn't kiss, they'd probably be spoken to about it. Y/N squeezed Camila a little tighter to let her know it was okay. The girl in her arms pulled back and connected their lips which sent Y/N spiraling. No matter where they stood, kissing Camila made her thoughts disappear. When she pulled back however, everything came back and she realized the reality.

She put Camila down gently and picked up her bag. Camila grasped her hand and they began to walk towards the exit. "My mom is grabbing your suitcases. She said to meet her by the car." She told her. Y/N nodded wordlessly, scared of what might come out of her mouth is she attempted to speak. She expected something along the lines of 'I missed you' and that would be unacceptable at this moment in time. "Oh..."

Y/N looked up to see what Camila was referring to and was greeted with a large group of fans standing outside of the airport. Leave it to their PR team to leak the flight times to the public. Y/N had to admit, it was impressive that they all gathered here in the muggy rain at eleven at night.

They walked out of the doors, Camila's bodyguards standing in front of and behind them. Y/N instinctively tugged Camila closer to her as people reached out and yelled their names out. They both smiled at them and greeted them before climbing into Sinu's SUV, both in the back seat.