chapter fifty-two

"I'm so glad to finally meet you." Dr. Sawyer greeted, following Y/N and Camila into her office. The two sat down on the couch, across from the doctor who sat in her chair. "How are you guys doing?"

"Alright, I guess." Y/N answered, rubbing her hands on her legs.

"Pretty good." Camila smiled.

"Good. Well I usually start all my sessions off the same, by asking a simple question." She crossed her legs, sending them a comforting smile. "Why did you decide to meet with me today? Camila?"

"Uh, well we both wanted to—"

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be persnickety or rude, but I want to know why you," She gestured to Camila. "wanted to be here."

"Oh, right. Well, um...I wanted to come today to work on building our relationship back up. Recently I feel like we've been losing the connection we had. And we've been on a break but I want to get back to where we were before...in the beginning." Camila glanced to Y/N who's eyes were trained on her lap.

"Okay." Dr. Sawyer nodded. "Y/N?"

"I guess for the same reasons she said. I, um...I want to rebuild our trust again."

"Is there a specific reason why the trust was broken in the first place?" The girls both nodded. "Okay, well let's walk through that. Y/N, when was the first time you started questioning whether you could trust Camila."

Y/N looked over at Camila who sent her a soft smile and a nod, letting her know that she could be honest and it was okay. "When we first admitted how we felt for each other, Camila was in a relationship. And she told me she couldn't leave, or she didn't know how to end it. So um...I guess that's when I started questioning if she really felt the way I did. Because I feel like I would have left someone else for her immediately."

"Y/N, no, it wasn't that."

"Camila, let her finish." Dr. Sawyer smiled at her before gesturing for Y/N to continue.

"She eventually did. Left her ex, I mean. But when she went to end it, they ended up...having sex. I told her I was okay with it because technically, we weren't dating so she didn't cheat."

"Did you really feel that way?"

"Yes..." Y/N looked down, shaking her head. "No."

"Okay. And Camila, what about you? When did your trust start to waiver?"

Camila bit her lip, looking at a painting hung on the wall behind Dr. Sawyer. "She cheated on me."

To the doctor's credit, if she was shocked, she didn't show it. She just nodded in acknowledgment before turning to Y/N. "Was there a reason you did that?"

"I thought she was cheating on me too. And I guess I just wanted to get even." Y/N admitted.

"Is that something you do a lot? Try and hurt Camila back?" Y/N nodded. "Camila, were you cheating on her?"

"No." Camila quickly answered. "Well...I um...I kissed her. I told Y/N about it and after that nothing happened with Lauren, my ex. The night Y/N um...was with someone else...Lauren tried to kiss me. But I didn't let her. And I went home to apologize to Y/N because she had been right when she told me Lauren didn't just want to be friends. And I found her."

Dr. Sawyer nodded and wrote some things down. "Was this when you two took a break?"

"No." Camila answered. "We had worked it out. It was afterwards." She took a deep breath. "Y/N and I first met because we were put together for publicity. But we got feelings for each other. And the contract we were under put a lot of stress on both of us, but mostly Y/N. The break happened because um...I signed another contract for us without asking Y/N."