chapter twenty-seven

(a/n): get ready 🥴

"Hey," Camila came into the living room, plopping down beside me on the couch. She rested her elbow on the back, leaning on her hand. "So...what's up?" She asked.

I raised an eyebrow at her, lowering my phone as I turned to face her. "What is it?" I asked, knowing she was here to talk about something I probably won't like.

"Well, Dinah asked if I can come over tonight..." She pressed her lips together nervously, her eyebrows raised. I looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to continue. "With all the girls." She finally finished.

I released a sigh, "Camila...if you're asking if I want you to go, the answer is no." Camila went to speak but I sat up straighter, ready to continue. "Look, I don't ever want to control what you do or who you see, but every time you've been with Lauren something happens."

"That's not true! Last time I was at Dinah's, I didn't do anything!" She defended, sitting up from her leaning position. "She did that, not me."

"Okay...something still happened." Camila sighed, rolling her eyes. "I have no problem with you seeing the girls. It's Lauren I don't like you around."

"I'm pretty sure you mistook me telling you about this with me asking." She snapped, clenching her jaw as she stood up. "I'm not asking permission. I was telling you out of courtesy." She slipped on her boots as I stood. sighing. I shoved my hands in my pockets. "I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, she slammed the front door closed, leaving me standing in the living room, alone.

————
Camila's P.O.V.

"Hey! There she is!" Normani came over to me as I walked through the front door.

"Hi," I smiled, though it was forced. "Sorry I'm a bit early."

"No, that's okay." Normani waved off. "Dinah and I were just hanging out. Come on." She pulled me into the living room where Dinah was.

"Hey, Walz!" Dinah exclaimed loudly, as usual, before seeing right through my fake smile...as usual. "What's wrong?"

I sighed, sitting on the reclining chair. "Y/N and I got into a fight. Sorta. I don't know, but she just got controlling and I don't know..."

"Controlling? What the fuck, how?" Normani asked.

"She told me she didn't want me to come tonight when I told her." I felt my anger rising as I explained more. "Like I was asking her permission or something."

"Mila...I kinda get it." Normani started. "I mean with Lauren and all..." I looked down at the floor. "But, that was also a while ago so I don't know." I swallowed, keeping my gaze down sheepishly. "Right?"

"Well, uhm...after the meeting, Lauren came over. We recorded a song. And I kissed her." They both gasped, their eyes widening. "But it was quick and I pulled back as soon as I realized." I quickly added.

"That doesn't matter!" Dinah yelled. "Camila, we've been through this! You can't keep running back to her."

"I'm not trying to! It was just all happening and...I don't know. But I have myself under control now."

"What's under control?" Ally asked, walking into the living room with Lauren.

"Nothing...it's nothing." I told them, keeping my gaze anywhere but at the green-eyed girl.

————
Y/N's P.O.V.

I walked into the crowded the club, the bass reverberating through my body. The lights flashed and moved across all the bodies on the dance floor.