chapter fifteen

Camila startled me as she came barreling into the studio, causing me to move my guitar from my lap, leaning it on the arm of the loveseat. "I thought you were spending the night. What happened?" Camila came over and crawled into my lap, burying her head into my neck. I brought my hand up, rubbing her back and holding her head as she calmed herself down.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled into my neck. My body tensed at the two words I didn't expect to hear from her. Did I make a mistake in trusting her so easily after before? What is she sorry for? Before I asked anything, I gave her a chance to explain herself. She picked her head up and looked down at her hands. "We were talking about you and me, and Lauren stormed out all upset and shit. So I followed her to like make sure she was okay, ya know? And we talked and I told her I want to remain friends and shit, right? And then the next thing I know, she's kissing me." I inhaled sharply at her confession, feeling a weight fall onto my chest. "I pushed her away right away. Then I yelled at her and stormed out. I'm sorry."

I relaxed at that, grabbing her face gently, I lifted her head. "Don't apologize. You can't control what other people do. Never apologize for someone else's actions. And definitely don't cry over them." I brushed away her tears with my thumbs, smiling at her.

"How are you so understanding?" Camila asked me softly as she held onto my wrists.

"I have my limits. But this wasn't your fault. And you told me right away. That shows me I was right in trusting you." I kissed her gently, smiling into it. "Do you want me to bring you back?"

"No, it would be too awkward. Plus, I kinda want to just be here with you." Camila gave me a cute smile as she kissed my nose.

"Alright, well how about we do an Instagram Live and announce the song?" Camila hopped off my lap and sat down beside me. "Okay then," I unlocked my phone and opened twitter. "I'm gonna tweet out that we're going live in ten minutes. Then you can sign in and do the same."

"Sounds good. We can use my phone for the live." She told me.

————

Once we were all set, Camila started the live on her phone. Immediately, people started to join. "Hey guys!" She greeted. I watched as she balanced her phone on the soundboard, propping it up on a small flat area, sitting on some dials. I told her that it was gonna fall but she assured me it was fine by saying, "I know what I'm doing. It'll stay."

Not even five seconds after she sat down, we watched as the phone slid all the way off the soundboard and landed on the floor. "Told you." I smiled innocently as Camila smacked my arm and went to retrieve her phone. Once she moved the phone to a more secure place, I began talking. "So, we wanted to come on here to tell you guys about something special." I looked at Camila, waiting for her to tell them.

"Oh! So..." Camila trailed off, patting her thighs as a makeshift drumroll sound. "I'm pregnant!" She announced, making me choke on my spit. The influx of comments was astounding. "I'm kidding! It's a joke, I'm not pregnant. I was kidding." She chuckled.

"Yeah, well, that would be impossible. Wrong equipment and all." I gestured toward my lap, laughing at Camila's now red face.

She looked down at her lap before muttering, "And you actually have to have sex to have a baby." She shocked me with her statement, throwing me completely off track. I asked her to repeat herself, so I knew I heard her correctly, but she just dismissed it. "Anyway! The real news is, Y/N and I have a song coming  out this Friday! It's called Best Years and we're both really proud of it."

"We wrote it together over the course of a few weeks. Face to face and through a screen," I laughed with Camila. "It was super fun and the recording process was so fast. Which is unlike the two of us."