Chapter 14

It has been a few weeks of teaching. Fuutarou seemed to have opened up to them easily. Maybe it was their presence from before that changed his heart, maybe it wasn't. 

The quints wanted to believe it was the former rather than the latter.

They were able to comfortably call him by their little names. 

"Hey Fuutarou-kun, help me with this question please."

"Fuu-kun you want anything?"

"Fuutarou... it's your turn to choose the show."

"Uesugi-san, let's go on a run!"

"Uesugi-kun, can Raiha make me curry?"

Things seemed to have gone back to normal, true he didn't know that he met them before. Or all of their adventures then, but the girls seemed okay with that. 

He didn't know why things went so smoothly, it was as though he had been their friends for forever. They just seemed to be able to bond easily. It was like it was this way to begin with.

It would be stupid for him to ask if he'd met them before. The humiliation he would suffer if they said no. Even though he knew for sure he'd seen them somewhere.

It seemed as though Raiha and his father knew who the five were. Whenever they visited he became suspicious of the relationship his little sister and father had with the girls. 

His dad was friends with their father, and maybe they were just the Onee-chan of Raiha's. She always said she wanted sisters. Still he was always tempted to ask.

But even if he hadn't known him from before, he was still having the time of his life. Every day it seemed like an adventure, even when they were just studying or watching anime.

Today they were going to the fireworks festival to celebrate the end of summer. He received a knock on the door, opening it to see the quintuplets in Yukatas. 

If this was somehow not mentioned before, he had began to develop a crush on these five. If you haven't noticed this already, but the quintuplets were beautiful. 

All five of them are different, but also the same. All well-endowed, a large bust, pretty faces. Just your standard anime heroine. 

Any guy would fall for these five, especially if you've spent time (and more time) as Fuutarou had.

They walked in the city heading over to the spot where the fireworks would be held. They stopped by the food stalls where Itsuki went full out. 

"Yakisoba, shaved ice, Takoyaki, chocolate bananas, lollipops, fried rice," the youngest quintuplet counted off.

"Itsuki we get it... stop being a meat-bun monster." Nino teased.

"Oh! Meat-buns! I totally forgot!" she rushed over to another stall as the group sighed.

"Hey Fuutarou-kun, did you know that girls don't where anything else under their Yukatas?" Ichika teased.

"Oi Ichika, be a good oldest and stop flirting with Fuu-kun..." she commanded.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah..." she waved at her.

"Could Raiha not come?" Yotsuba asked.

"Dad said that he didn't want Raiha out too late in the city. Plus it's a train ride back home and he didn't want me to wander the streets at night." Fuutarou shrugged.

"We could've gone back with you." Miku offered.

"But what if a bunch of thugs rob us and do all kinds of things to us? No way were we going!" Nino stated and Itsuki agreed.

"So you're saying it would've been okay for me to go and get beaten up?"

"Precisely!" Itsuki nodded.

They tried to walk faster, but the further they pushed, the thicker the crowd became. This was giving the five nostalgia. Back in their second year of high school they weren't exactly welcoming to Fuutarou. They found him as an outsider, someone who was just a hired teacher.

When the fireworks festival came around that year, all five of the girls were split up. Nino was waiting on the roof, Itsuki was wandering around the food stalls, Miku was injured, Ichika was going to go for an acting spot, and Yotsuba was buying Raiha candy.

Out of earshot of Fuutarou, Ichika stretched, "Reminds you all of anything?"

"You mean of back then?" Miku asked.

"Honestly, I'm just glad that we're friends again. Plus he seems like he knows a little bit of us." Itsuki added.

"He did know that Miku doesn't like chocolate." Nino nodded.

"Hey what are you all doing back there? We could get separated." the star student complained.

"Yeah, yeah we're coming." Ichika laughed.

"I think I like this Fuutarou better." Yotsuba stated.

"What do you mean?" 

"You know... he's not cold to us anymore." she continued.

The rest nodded, they too enjoyed this version of the lone student, or former lone student, however Fuutarou may never know that it was them who made him this way.

Don't quite understand? 

You see Fuutarou used to be the guy who never gave a crap about you. He didn't care who you were, how much money you had, he treated everyone the same. Coldly.

Never had friends, always was studying, taking care of his family. He remembered that someone once asked him why he studied. He knew the answer.

He was looking for her.

Well... he was and he actually found her. Things got weird, he didn't really remember exactly what had happened, but now he was the guy to help everyone, he had friends, and life was good.

Unknown to Fuutarou, it was actually Itsuki who dressed as her. What actually happened, was that Fuutarou exposed Itsuki for taking her mother's name and dressing as the girl. 

But one question still was in the air, who was that girl in Kyoto? And was it one of the quintuplets?

Fuutarou sighed, school was going to begin again, which meant going back on the grind. What adventures would be in store for the six of them?

He shook his head, no thinking about school, they still had the festival to enjoy.

"So let's have fun!" he turned around. "Eh?"

They quintuplets were gone.

Yay! Another chapter done! Hope you all liked it! Okay I should probably take notes in class now... Love you all!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya