Chapter 30

Fuutarou Uesugi walked home from a busy day at the university. All of his classes consisted of lectures and he hand ached from all of the notes he took.

And his day wasn't over just yet, he still had to work on an essay for one of his classes. He sighed as he thought of his soft comfortable bed, how he wished he could just fall asleep right on it.

It had been a while since he was able to sleep at a decent time. His constant studying kept him up late most nights.

He smiled to himself, a lot of the times in high school he would have sleepless nights preparing to tutor the quintuplets.

Speaking of them, it had been over two weeks since they went out drinking and Fuutarou hadn't heard a trace about them at all.

No text, no call, no Nino leaving food on his doorstep.

Maybe he would stop by their apartment room to check up on them. After all, it wouldn't be that difficult seeing as they were neighbors.

He finally arrived at his building when suddenly he was stopped by a security guard.

"I'm sorry, this complex is currently closed due to flooding." The guard said.

"Wait what?"

"Until further notice you'll have to find somewhere else to live."

"What about my stuff?" He asked. "And my roommates?"

"You can look up in your room for any stuff you can recover. I've been told that everything lost will be covered by the insurance you paid."

Sighing, Fuutarou didn't bother going to grab his stuff. After all, it was mainly clothes in there. He could always get the rest of his wardrobe from his house.

At least, he thought he could get the rest from his house.

When he returned to his home he saw an unfamiliar car parked there. Inching closer to his front door he heard unfamiliar voices.

Foreign voices.

Quickly he raced for a safe spot, the police on speed dial. However he decided to call his father to make sure he and Raiha were safe.

"Hello? Fuutarou?" His dad grumbled into the phone.

"Dad where are you? Why are there strange people at our house?" He whispered into his phone to keep quiet.

"Huh? Can you say it a little louder, I can't really hear you."

"Where are you and Raiha?"

"Eh? Oh yeah, we're in Europe."

"What?!" Fuutarou whispered harshly, "What the hell do you mean you're in Europe?"

"We're trying this new app where you and someone from a different country switch houses for a few weeks. So we're in France right now!" Fuutarou could envision his father's grin.

"What the- you know never mind." He sighed.

"Why did you need something from the house?"

"Yes. I actually need the house!" He groaned frustrated.

He explained his situation to his father who couldn't help but laugh.

"You really do have the worst luck don't you son. You really are your mothers kid."

Fuutarou stopped for a moment. He hadn't heard his dad mention his mom in a long time.

"Well, why don't you go ask the quintuplets. I'm sure they'd be happy to let you stay with them!" He teased.

"Shut up."

"I'm just playing, the park bench should suit you no?" His dad said causing his son to roll his eyes. "Gotta go, Raiha is hungry. Bye son!"

"Wait you can't leave me- and he hung up…"

It was now nighttime. The dark sky with the hush quiet air. The dimly lit road guided the young college student to a park.

"Guess I really am going to sleep here tonight. Might as well make myself comfortable."

He noticed a vending machine near the bench. Thirsty, he decided to grab a drink.

With a few coins in his pocket he browsed his options. Black tea, green tea, orange juice, and coffee.

Suddenly he a memory flashed back into his mind. Ichika had asked him a question like this. Except…

"Black tea is Nino, green tea is Miku, orange juice is Yotsuba, coffee is Itsuki!"

What did that mean? The nineteen year old wondered.

He selected an option and sat down on his cozy little bench for the night.

He opened his drink, took a sip, and sighed.

"Why does this always happen to me?"

He soon found himself falling asleep from the hectic day he had experienced.

***

"Alright, you know what to do."

"Look at him all asleep."

"Let's do it quickly like the samurai did."

"Don't wake him up!"

"Isn't this technically kidnapping?"

"How is it kidnapping if he's not a kid?"

"Whatever, just hurry up!"

***

Fuutarou Uesugi awoke in a strange room. It was a room he felt as though he'd been in before, but couldn't remember when.

The last thing he remembered was him slowly falling asleep on the cold, metal bench in a park.

Where exactly was he?

It was still dark and he could barely see a thing.

"Uh, where am I?" He said silently to himself. As quickly and as quietly as he could, he rolled off the bed and opened the door.

He peered outside of the door and looked down the hallway. There was a small lookover that hung over the living room.

Somehow it all looked familiar to him.

Then suddenly it hit him.

"Can I ask you why you were in my daughter's room?" A cold voice spoke from behind him.

"Um- this is all a misunderstanding, you see-" Fuutarou stuttered.

"Papa, it's okay. We brought him here." The lights flickered on.

Fuutarou gulped, when he realized where he was. And who he was talking to. His worst nightmare was coming true...

Hi! Um I'm gonna be quick so you guys don't yell at me for disappearing again.

Thanks for reading and hopefully the next update will be soon!

Be safe!