Chapter 19

"Did you go on a school trip to Kyoto five years ago?" 

The entire room was filled with silence. The girls seemed stunned, Fuutarou was a little confused. Itsuki just sat there waiting for an answer.

"Itsuki... that's a little specific." the others scolded her. "Where did that even come from?"

Fuutarou wasn't listening. He was thinking back then. When he met her.

Kyoto, five years ago. Soon to be six actually... He remembered back then what kind of kid he was. The rebel, always doing things his way. Not afraid of anything or anyone. Just like his father.

Something happened on that trip. Something that made him change, for the better. He couldn't really put a finger on it. What happened that made him change?

He thought back to the day he got separated from his group. He was all alone, but that didn't bother him. Like he said, he wasn't afraid of anything. 

Reliving the moment he scanned through the pictures of a crush of his at the time, Takebayashi. To him she was perfect, and they were extremely good friends back then. 

Many were shipping them together, much to Fuutarou's likening, but Takebayashi made it clear that they were only friends, disappointing the rebel.

So as he scanned the pictures of her on the steps, he accidentally pointed the camera at an unsuspecting lady. The girl demanded that the officers look through his camera, not wanting them to see his crush he refused to let them see, only raising his suspicion more.

He kept arguing with the officers that he didn't do it and just as they were about to take his camera, a girl rescued him.

How cliché...

This was a girl that not only would save him here, but ultimately save him down the road.

You see, this girl was what turned him into a hard working honors student. As in Kyoto that same day, they made a promise to each other. A promise that was a achieved a year ago, that promise was to work hard for their families.

Fuutarou sighed. Whatever happened to that girl? He quickly snapped back to reality as he heard the girls talking.

"Fuutarou-kun?" Ichika said shaking him, "Were you just daydreaming?" 

"Uh, I don't really know what happened... but yeah I went to Kyoto five years ago, and just last year too."

"Do you remember what happened during those years?"

"Um..." he sat there thinking, "I kind of remember." 

He started to tell them the story. The five nodded respectfully even though the five of them knew it by heart by now.

They were relieved he at least remembered that. But they doubted he knew just exactly who that person was. 

The fourth quintuplet was uneasy. She had waited five years just to tell Uesugi-san that she was that girl in Kyoto. True, it didn't guarantee her the win, but she thought it was some advantage over her sisters.

She was about to remind Fuutarou just who that person from Kyoto was when she was stopped by Nino who just shook her head. The second born knew exactly what her little sister was thinking. She didn't want her to overwhelm Fuutarou, but she also had a plan.

Maybe she could convince Fuu-kun that she was the person he met in Kyoto. Yes it was lying, but Fuutarou didn't know it! Plus, she already told Ichika that she would step all over anyone that tried to win him over.

It could ruin her relationship with her sisters, but she could fix that later. She couldn't fix Fuutarou's marriage to one of her sisters if she waited.

Ichika also knew exactly what her sisters were thinking, mainly because she was thinking it as well. They all wanted to convince Fuutarou that they were the girl from Kyoto. Except maybe Itsuki, her morals wouldn't let her stoop that low.

As the quintuplets thought of strategies Fuutarou just sighed, "When are you coming back Rena?" he said aloud.

They paused. Rena? As in their mother? 

Itsuki smiled, so he had remembered that time. You see, Itsuki dressed up as the girl from Kyoto exactly how Fuutarou described. Long pink hair, white dress, the only thing that was different that time was her white sun hat.

Itsuki knew it was false hope for Fuutarou, but if she could make him happy, she'd do it. Itsuki ended playing a little game with him, taking his student hand book with the photo of him and the girl from Kyoto.

Fuutarou would later figure out that Itsuki was pretending to be Rena and that she used her mother's name. 

But now... now that he didn't know who they were. Now that he forgot all about their time together. Maybe, just maybe she could pull the trick once again. 

Maybe she could win him over by being Rena. She didn't care if any of her sisters found out.

Because if Fuutarou saw her, then he'd realize that maybe she was the girl from Kyoto. Even though she wasn't. 

But each quintuplets were ready for war, and they were going to use any advantage they could find to win over Fuutarou Uesugi. 

The bland, emotionless, honor student that was a dense idiot without a social life. What a great decision...

Calm down... I know this is a day late, but I was really tired yesterday and had to write a whole chemistry lab :(

Anyways thank you for reading! Also how did this book get 8k reads? I haven't even updated that much lately. But luckily since I finished my other books, I have more time to update this!

Thanks for reading as always! Seeing your comments makes my day, I'll try to respond to all of them, so if you want to just chat or something, just put a comment!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya