Chapter 17

"Do you think we'll be able to do it?" Yotsuba asked her sisters.  It had been a few weeks since the festival. The five were brainstorming how they were going to jog Fuutarou's memory.

"Of course we'll be able to do it, Fuu-kun's smart enough to be able to do it." Nino replied.

"I don't think that's how it works... But I too believe that Uesugi-kun can do it." Itsuki said confidently.

"Well we have to figure out how to do it." Miku said thoughtfully, "Although it wouldn't be so bad if he didn't remember right?"

"True," Ichika sighed, "He is our friend, and maybe this is just a chance for us to be even closer than back then."

There was a pause in their apartment. "But we're still going to try to do it right?" Nino questioned. 

"Yeah of course." the other sisters nodded.

School would be starting in three days and only Itsuki had classes with him. They were both going for the same major after all, being a teacher.

The youngest quintuplet felt a little guilty being the only one to have an excuse to spend time with him during school.

She knew her sisters still kept their feelings for him and she also had a crush on their tutor. Luckily none of her sisters had classes anywhere near their part of campus, so she wouldn't feel any of the glares from them.

There was no study session today as Fuutarou said he had to visit his family, so the Nakano quintuplets decided to do some chores. 

"Alright, I'll vacuum, Nino you cook, Miku and Yotsuba clean the rooms, Itsuki you go grocery shopping, here's the list." Ichika threw her little sister a piece of paper.

"Ugh, why do I have to go shopping?" Itsuki complained.

"And why do we have to clean?" the other two groaned.

"I'm a better cook than Nino." Miku challenged.

"Wanna bet?" Nino raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not the same as I once was!" 

"I bet Fuu-kun wouldn't eat it if you paid him, and he pretty much does anything for money!"

"Shut the hell up! He ate it last time."

"And you gave him food poisoning!"

Itsuki sighed as she grabbed her purse and keys. She'd be walking since the store was very close. 

"I'll be on my way!" she called.

"Be safe," Ichika managed to say while trying to pull apart Miku and Nino. Yotsuba was supporting her in trying to separate the two.

Itsuki closed the door and started off towards the store about two blocks away. Honestly why did they even send her to the store? Everyone knew she would end up getting sidetracked somehow. 

Entering the supermarket she grabbed a cart. Taking the list in her hand she went up and down the aisles looking for the items. 

"Who the hell asked for frozen meat buns?" she wondered out loud. It took her a moment to realize exactly who requested the delicious meat filled buns. 

She sighed as she went to the register, "Paper or plastic?" the register called.

"Plastic is fine- Uesugi-kun?!" she turned red in embarassment.

"Wait which one are you?" he tilted his head.

"What do you mean "which one am I"?! You know who I am." she pouted.

"If you're angry it would be Nino or Itsuki... considering you called me Uesugi-kun, I'm gonna go with Itsuki." he answered putting her groceries in the plastic bag.

"Also," she added, "Why are you working here?" 

"If you couldn't tell already, college is expensive, but I guess you wouldn't know that now would you?" he laughed. 

"Hey, of course I know how expensive it is. Father is making us pay for half of it after all, plus don't you have a scholarship?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, but what about my apartment rent, my food, and I need to send money back to my family." he finished.

"Aren't we paying you?" she said concerned.

"True, but that just seems wrong for me to teach my friends for easy money. So I decided to be a hard worker." he shrugged.

Itsuki smiled when he said the word "friends" in his sentence. They were no longer student and teacher, they were friends. Just like what she said to him at the spring break trip. 

Two years ago...

It was also two years ago that she had told Fuutarou that they were complete strangers. Though it was quite harsh, she was testing to see if he would keep trying and in the end he did.

He did keep trying.

And that's what made the five fall for him, his relentless effort to keep trying, just for them.

And that was the reason they needed to get his memory back.

"Hey Uesugi-kun, how about this..." she smiled to herself.

"Come to my place and we'll talk about it, that'll be 3000 yen please."

She took the money out and paid. As she left the store she was in high spirits. She was ready to put her brilliant plan into motion.

The only question was... what was her plan?

It's been a minute since I've updated this... I totally missed the part where we hit 7k so thank you very much!

I'm glad a lot of people are enjoying this! Since I've finished 2 books I'll try to update this more often!

Love you guys!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya