Chapter 11

Fuutarou Uesugi woke up feeling refreshed. He had spent the past two days in the hospital. There weren't any serious injuries, at least none that he knew of.

He didn't really remember what happened, but all he knew was that he was on his way somewhere. he didn't know where, and a car hit him. And the rest went blank.

The way the doctor explained it was, he had hit his head on the road and that was the only biggest injury. A concussion was apparently what he obtained. They ran some tests, could he still do schoolwork as well, what did he remember and as far as he could tell he was just fine.

He knew who he was, he knew how to do schoolwork, he remembered his roommates, where he lived. For all he could tell the accident never even happened. 

Sure he couldn't really recall what happened in high school, but nobody cares about high school. He was a big boy now in college. Speaking of that, he went back to his apartment just to settle in again. He wouldn't be going to college for a little while, the doctor said as long as he stayed there for about two weeks he was fine.

Two weeks, a lot of time to kill. In truth he could just study, but when you're a genius like Fuutarou Uesugi you always find time to study so there's no need to worry about it for now. The new anime season started, so maybe he'd tune into that.

For the first few days all he did was lay around all day watching anime. He binged shows that he never had time to watch, cried in a bunch of anime romance movies, screamed at a couple who couldn't remember the other's name, it was a perfect lifestyle.

Before he left the hospital the doctor gave him some exercises to test himself to see if his mentality was okay. His job everyday was to think deeply about the past and what has happened. To start from the as far back as he could remember to the present.

Everyday he would be able to recall events from grade school, middle school, and the first year of high school. But for some reason everyday when he got to his last two years of high school nothing came to his mind other than Takeda and Maeda.

Everything seemed like a blur to him. All that would come to mind is a picture of a girl and him, and five girls that looked the same. But the problem is the images were blurry in his head like a camera out of focus. So it was pretty much useless information. 

He was tempted to ask Takeda and Maeda if they had any idea what he was talking about. But refrained himself for fear that he was going crazy. At nights he would dream of a wedding day and a bride that he would never get to see the face of.

He was really starting to believe he was insane. Whenever these thoughts would come to mind he would swallow a glass of water and take deep breaths until the images went away.

What did these mean? Why did they keep coming back? Was he missing out on something important? Was there something that wasn't connected?

These thoughts kept entering his mind night after night of the first week. There were times where he believed he remembered exactly what happened in high school. But every time he thought something was clicking, the images got more out of focus.

On the fifth day of him staying in his apartment something happened. There was a knock on the door. He was all alone because Takeda and Maeda had school. Who could it be?

He opened the door to see five girls that will change his life not once. But twice. 

Okay thank you all for reading! I made this chapter a little shorter because I wanted to show you all what's going on in Fuutarou's mind because a lot of the other chapters will be the quintuplets point of view.

Also it'll probably be a while before the next chapter comes out because school and everything... But hope you all liked it!

-Kazuya