Chapter 9

Fuutarou Uesugi was walking home from a long day of classes. 

"Dang it, why'd I take so many classes on my semester? Normally I'd be thrilled to have all this alone time to study, but the quintuplets..."

He had decided, that today was the day he would confront them. Not in a threatening way, but just to sit down and talk with them. However on his way home he felt doubts in his mind. 

What if they didn't forgive him? What if they all couldn't go back to normal because of him? What if they were truly hurting on the inside and it was all his fault?

The thoughts kept piling up. The doubts were flooding his brain. For once in his life he felt stressed about something other than schoolwork which was rare. Itsuki had told him that they wouldn't care and that he should just be honest with them.

But that was easy enough to say, could he really do it?

What if she was also lying to him? What if nothing really was okay? Why couldn't things go back to normal? Why didn't he just show up?

He didn't know exactly what he wanted to happen. He just wished that he could just restart all over again. Yeah, restart. That's exactly what he wanted to happen! 

If only he could restart, have everything he did wrong and wipe it out of his memory. If only. 

If only.

Those two words then became a reality.

If only.

Looking back he would have just kept things the way they were. However, he can't turn back the clock. 

If only.

Maybe if he said if only things could've stayed the same...

Unfortunately the universe had other thoughts to what that "If only" meant.

Itsuki waited impatiently, Fuutaoru was supposed to meet with them at six. It was now six thirty. She knocked next door, only to be answered by Takeda. 

"May I help you?" He asked.

"Hey, where's Uesugi-kun?" She asked.

"I don't know, he hasn't come back." 

Maeda chimed in from the other room. "That punk still hasn't done the dishes!"

Just then Itsuki phone rang. "Hello?"

Raiha was on the other end, her voice sounded shaky. 

"I-Itsuki?" 

The Nakano slightly panicked hearing her friend's voice.

"What's wrong?" 

"D-do you know what happened to Fuutarou?" 

"N-no, why did something happened?" She questioned.

"He didn't call at five, he always calls at five! He promises, even when he's really busy he always calls!" Raiha sobbed.

"Maybe he just forgot..." Itsuki said trying to be positive.

Just then the door opened, Itsuki was expecting Fuutarou, it was just her sisters.

"Itsuki, we just got a call from dad." Yotsuba said quietly.