Chapter 21

"Fuutarou... I need help with this problem." Miku waved their tutor over.

"What's wrong?" he scanned her paper nodding when he saw the question. "You see you use this equation to solve for this part. Then you can apply it over to this to get your answer."

"Wait, this is math homework?" she said confused as Fuutarou just sighed.

He thought back to his day. Itsuki had told him to meet her at the park tonight, but he was going to visit home since he wouldn't need to come back to school tomorrow. 

"Eh?" she pouted, "You wasted a really dramatic, suspenseful, perfect moment!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Did you not see me perfectly open the door and turn to face you? What will the people think?"

"We're the only ones out here!" 

"As smart as you might be, you're still an idiot." 

Screw that Itsuki. If you're not gonna tell me who those "people" are, then why point them out in the first place? He snuck a look at the youngest quintuplet. Now that he thought about it, he was spending a little too much time with her. They were classmates, but it wasn't very fair to the others, as even Fuutarou wanted to hang out with them.

He thought about this after their tutoring session as he boarded the train to the district where his family lived. While traveling he took out his phone. 

"Which one haven't I had the chance to hang out with for a while?" he muttered. 

He selected a contact and began typing. 

Yo, do you want to hang out the day after tomorrow?

He closed his phone, not expecting a text anytime soon. Only to feel the buzz of his phone on his lap.

Ara? Fuutarou-kun texting me? What did you need big sis Ichika for? Girl advice? 

These five were all the same after all. 

Do you want to go or not? I'm sure Nino or Miku would want to go.

He waited a few moments smiling. No matter which quintuplet it was, they all acted the same when another sister is mentioned.

I never said I didn't! What time?

He had caught her.

Whenever your free. Any where specific you want to go?

Crossing his fingers he hoped it wouldn't be anywhere expensive.

Hey... I know you're thinking about your money right now... So I'm going to have you take me, wherever you want!

He exhaled, as the train stopped.

Sounds good, got to go, walking right now.

He sent the text and began walking. Now that he thought about it, it had been a while since it was just him and Ichika. Actually, was there even a time when he and Ichika were alone?

The eldest quintuplet knew. She had worked hard to win over her Fuutarou-kun. All of it to go down the drain when he lost his memory. The fireworks festival, the school camping trip, the acting at the bakery shop, hell even all the way back in Kyoto.

She sighed, she wasn't giving up. But she also didn't want to continue. She laid down on her bed. 

"Tomorrow is a normal day, no flirting, we're just going to try to jog his memory."

The next day arrived and Fuutarou was waiting outside their apartment complex. "Fuutarou-kun!" Ichika called from behind him, "What are you thinking about?"