Chapter 3

Itsuki Nakano waited outside the classroom for a certain fellow that she needed to talk to right away. That person, is none other than Fuutarou Uesugi. Who was casually walking outside of the class when she grabbed him.

"Okay, first of all what the hell are you doing here?" Itsuki questioned.

"Obviously going to college." Fuutarou replied sarcastically. Which only earned him a glare from the red head.

She shook her head. "You could've at least told us which university you were going to." 

"What good would that have done? Everyone is going their separate ways so there's no need to sweat the small stuff." He replied coolly.

 "But we're all-" Itsuki started. She stopped herself, thinking about what might happen if Fuutarou knew they were all here. Flashbacks to her sisters acting weirdly when the topic of Fuutarou came up. For now she decided not to tell him.

"What'd you say?" Fuutarou raised his eyebrow.

"N-nothing. It's nothing." Itsuki shook her head.

They continued walking around the campus. 

"I don't have another class till this afternoon, so I think I'm gonna go back to my apartment for a while." He looked at his watch, only ten in the morning.

"Uesugi-kun?" She asked him.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Listen, I know that you probably were tired from the festival, but the four were a little hurt that you never came and talked to us that night. I'll admit you lost some of my trust that night as well." 

His face turned red. "I'm sorry, I know I should've said something, but I was afraid that if I brought it up again it would be awkward. And to be honest, I still haven't made my mind up."

Itsuki raised an eyebrow. "Really? Even after all this time?" 

"Well," Fuutarou said thoughtfully. "When you all went off to college I didn't really think about anymore. I thought it was fate trying to tell me that there was no point in chasing anymore."

"B-but you could have at least-"

He shook his head. "I'm such an idiot. I'm embarrassed to even think about it, but that's just how my life is at least. I guess fate just didn't want me to end with one of you." 

Itsuki thought again if she should let him know her sisters were actually here as well. On one hand it could make it awkward between them. But who knows, maybe they wouldn't.

She shook her head, it was best to play it safe, just in case. Instead she changed the subject.

"Do you have any roommates?" 

"Yeah, Takeda and Maeda. But they have different schedules than me, by the time I sleep they head to work. So it's basically just me on the weekdays. How about you?"

"Well, um there's four other people living in my apartment, I don't really know them." she lied.

"Ah I see," he chuckled. "No quintuplets? What college do they go to?" 

Itsuki shrugged. "I don't really remember. I've been too focused on school you know?" She felt guilty about the lie, and she knew it would only get bigger. If it somehow got out, she would hope to keep it going for a little while. The longer it took the better.

"The only thing I remember is that you're an idiot." Fuutarou smiled while Itsuki pouted.

They split ways as Itsuki headed to her next class and Fuutarou headed to his apartment. 

Who would he have chosen? 

That question still haunted him daily. He walked up the stairs into his apartment. He sighed.

He'll never know the answer to his question.

At least that's what he thought.

Yotsuba Nakano relaxed in her apartment with Miku. Itsuki, Nino, and Ichika all had early classes, Yotsuba's class was at 11:30. It was just a little past ten. Miku's class was at 10:45.

The fourth sister glanced over at her older sister who was packing up her bag. It was about a five minute walk to get to campus. So she didn't need to be in a rush.

Yostuba looked outside the window. There were people rushing over to campus, but one person was walking away from campus. 

"Maybe afternoon classes?" She muttered to herself. 

"Did you say something Yotsuba?" Miku asked.

"N-no," Yotsuba replied while still looking at the figure. He somehow looked familiar. He walked past the building and into a store. 

Yostuba sighed as she lost track of him, watching people was one of her favorite pastimes. The door opened. Ichika walked in.

"Yo!" She called out. "I have a little time to rest before going to work!" She quickly laid down on her bed and took a nap.

Nino would be here soon, she too had work in the afternoon. Itsuki had work the next day.

The boy from earlier came out of the store just then. Yotsuba happily went back to watching the figure enter their building.

She followed him by skipping to the next window. He walked to the apartment next door and stopped. He went into the room.

Yotsuba smiled a little, so he was their neighbor all along, but she felt a little suspicious about the neighbor. They came out again and sat on his porch.

He looked familiar, almost too familiar, what was his face?

Yotsuba ran out to their porch and called over, "UESUGI-SANNNNNN!!!!!"

Which caused him to fall off his chair as he started looking around for that voice.

Yotsuba was about to wave to him when she stopped, this could be her chance. Nobody else knew Uesugi-san lived right next door.

If she kept it a secret for a while. She smiled. This was her chance.

Just then Nino came out to the balcony.

"Who are you yelling at Yotsuba, keep it down its the middle of the day." She scolded her younger sibling who just laughed and shoved her back inside.

Fuutarou looked around him one last time. He could've sworn he heard Yotsuba and Nino's voice, however when he saw nothing, he went back inside.

Alright sorry for not uploading in a while, plz dont be mad. Also which one is best girl? Which quint is best girl in your opinion let me know and if you choose to start a war, I will join the war too! Hopefully you make the right decision in best girl... peace.