Chapter 7

"Fuu-kun, where do you go to school?"

It only took a few seconds for it to process in everyone's mind, but to Itsuki Nakano. The question hung in the air for about an eternity.

(A/N Lmao I don't know any schools in Tokyo and also I'm too lazy to make it up so it's gonna be called Tokyo University...)

"Tokyo University..." Fuutarou answered, which made Itsuki die inside.

The other four quintuplets ears perked up. 

"How about you guys?" Fuutarou asked.

Yotsuba answered. "That's a little funny, I could've sworn you said Tokyo University."

Fuutarou looked a little confused. "Yeah, that's what I said, do your ears work?"

"Wait, your joking right? This isn't some practical joke?" Ichika looked confused.

"Jeez do you guys need to go to the hearing doctor?" Fuutarou took a deep breath, "I GO TO TOKYO UNIVERSITY!"

The quintuplets covered their ears, they were pretty much used to Fuutarou yelling at them.

"What does it matter anyway?" He asked them.

Miku started laughing. "Your not gonna believe this, but-"

Nino interrupted, "We all go there too..."

The four eldest quintuplets started smiling. Fuutarou was still very confused. Itsuki started walking away. Fuutarou grabbed her arm.

"Wait, you all went there?!" Fuutarou said dumbfounded. "Itsuki, explain yourself."

Itsuki tried to laugh it off, "Heh, heh, heh, what does it matter anyways?"

Ichika knew something was up. "Itsuki-chan, you knew about this didn't you?"

The youngest sister started to play with her star accessories. "N-no..."

Miku rolled her eyes. "You always play with your stars when your lying..."

The second now looked at Fuutarou. "Fuu-kun, did you run into Itsuki at school?" 

"Yeah, we have a class together." 

What kind of harem rom-com is this? Fuutarou truly believed right then and there that this was definitely scripted. It seemed that no matter how he tried his life was rigged.

The middle child, Miku Nakano could say the same thing.

All her life it seemed as though she was stuck in the middle. Every photo taken of the five of them, every time they ate a meal she was in the middle, heck even in their separate rooms she was in the middle.

It wasn't like she minded, being in the middle had its perks. She had two older sisters to learn from, but also had two little sisters to take care of. 

She was never a good student, much like her quintuplets. She was the introvert of the bunch. Didn't have very good people skills, this was part of the fact that she mainly stuck with her sisters. 

It felt like her sisters were absorbing all the sunlight, as she stayed in the shadows. Only growing a little at a time.

She seemed to make a good bond with the four of her siblings. The eldest Ichika, was probably her closest sister, though most the other quintuplets could say the same thing. 

Ichika was pretty much their leader, the one that decided everything for them. The one that led the pack.

Miku's relationship between the second oldest is a little complicated. There are always sibling rivalries in a family. This was definitely the biggest one. It seemed if any of the quintuplets were arguing, you could bet it was these two.

There's a perfectly good reason for it as well. As Ichika pointed out to Fuutarou, Miku never really cared about what people thought about her, whereas Nino cared about the latest trends. 

Miku could give two craps if you were offended by anything she said. Nino is the most delicate out of the five of them. Anytime she here's something offensive towards her or someone she cares about, she immediately fires back.

However thought their relationship had been up and down, they seemed to bond even closer through those arguments. Miku was actually the one that convinced Nino to come back home during her argument with Itsuki.

Miku and Yotsuba had always had a positive relationship with each other. Yotsuba was actually the one to get Miku into Sengoku warlords due to a video game of hers. They always played games with each other. 

Both were competitive but nothing serious came up between the two. They grew closer in their little competition over Fuutarou, which was still going on until now.

That left only the youngest quintuplet. Itsuki. The fifth quintuplet knew her feelings for Fuutarou, and gave pretty good advice. She helped her gain confidence to talk to Fuutarou more. 

Her time spent with the quintuplets and Fuutarou helped build her confidence, made her a better student and now she was able to talk to people easier.

She was no longer stuck in the middle. She no longer stayed in the shadows. She too now grew along with her sisters. And though she might not have noticed, she has made an impact on others. 

Whether it be her sisters, her dad, Fuutarou, and her classmates she has helped settle disputes and has grown to be a person she's proud of.

Looking back at all the things she's accomplished so far, she knew that there was only one way to go.

She smiled. 

Forward...

Hey everyone thanks for reading, this was another sort of breakdown on the quintuplets chapter, next chapter will feature a breakdown of Ichika and also more of their conversations with Fuutarou.

Thanks for reading! I appreciate all of you and love you all!