Chapter 32

The light began to shine in the living room of the thirtieth floor apartment that the quintuplets lived in. As Fuutarou Uesugi walked down the stairs, he could smell someone cooking. It didn't take long for him to see a girl with a set of butterflies in her hair starting to plate the food she had made.

"What would you like to eat Fuu-kun?" Nino Nakano asked. "I'll make you whatever you want... just for you."

"I'll just take what you guys are having thanks." He walked off causing her to pout. 

Now that he thought about it. He'd always seemed to be good at telling the quintuplets apart from each other. Even after the accident occurred. Making him think that maybe he really did recover all of his memories.

It really is hard to tell these quintuplets apart.

If you were a person looking in, there's no way you'd be able to say who was Ichika or who was Miku. Not only did they have the exact same face, but these girls had the same voice.

But as Fuutarou spent more time with them, he slowly found himself being able to tell them apart. 

At least... he pretends to know. He eventually just used their accessories to tell them apart. For example, Ichika's hair is the shortest, Nino's butterfly pins, Miku's headphones, Yotsuba's ribbon, and Itsuki's stars. 

And that worked for a while. Until he encountered the quintuplets playing their "quintuplet game." The game in which they have him try and tell them all apart. 

Itsuki's words continued to ring in his ear. Annoying the hell out of him.

"As long as there's love! You'll be able to tell us apart!" 

Yeah but that would mean that there had to be love, which is something Fuutarou believed he didn't have.

At that time, they all decided to dress up as Itsuki and as one might imagine. Fuutarou had no clue who was who. With no one else to go to, he followed their Grandpa to see how he effortlessly told them apart.

To which he responded...

"As long as there's love! You'll be able to tell them apart!" 

In the end... did that mean there was love? Seeing as he could tell them apart quite easily now?

His thoughts were interrupted as a pair of hands covered his eyes.

"Guess who?" 

"This isn't fair." he protested. "How can I guess who you are if I can't see what you look like?"

"Hm... because you've gotten so good at telling us apart, I want to see who you think this is."

"Your voice sounds exactly the same as each other." 

"It's just a guess, it's not like it's life or death Uesugi-kun."

Fuutarou grinned. "AHA! You're Itsuki! The only one who calls me Uesugi-kun is Itsuki!" 

The girl removed her hands from his face. His eyes glanced up and saw a pair of headphones hung on the neck of the girl.

"Too bad." Miku said getting up. "I was beginning to think you would be ready for this level of the quintuplet game."

"Wait wait! It's not fair because you're always the best at this game! You can impersonate everyone of your sisters."

"Like this?" she suddenly walked over to him bending her shoulders slightly. "Woah. Fuutarou-kun? You seem hungry, do you want your big sis Ichika to feed you?"

"That's exactly it!" He protested. "You sound just like her just now! Of course if my eyes were covered I wouldn't be able to tell."

"Oi!" Nino's stern voice echoed through the house. She had an icy glare that was directed at Miku. "The food's gonna get cold."