Chapter 28

"Oi! We're over here!" Nino Nakano waved at her younger sister. Fuutarou trailed behind Itsuki, still in a bit of shock at what happened earlier.

Not knowing the events that took place during the ferris wheel ride. The other girls relaxed with Raiha Uesugi. After all, it was there last day over here. They'd have to head back to their regular lives soon.

That meant, for Fuutarou, school. Again.

That's right, even an honors student gets tired of school. Okay, maybe he wasn't exactly tired of school, maybe it was the fact that he hadn't had any time to relax and he would be hit with more stressful work when he returned.

What he was really worried about was interacting with the Nakano sisters on a regular basis. Especially with the news Itsuki just dropped, how else was he supposed to react? 

Any other sane person would want to crawl in a hole and process what just happened.

He thought back to what she told him just a few moments ago. That he confessed she was the one he liked? He didn't know how to take it. A lot of things happened since he got his memory back, but the problem is... 

He didn't know if those feelings were still the same.

Yeah, of course he liked all of them. But... just like the last day of the festival, he couldn't choose. And if he really did pick Itsuki, he didn't want to hurt her feelings telling her he was no longer interested. That'd make him an absolute douche. 

What was the right play in this situation? She told him that it was okay if he didn't like her, but was it really?

Had he accidentally hurt one of his best friends in the process?

"Fuutarou-kun... are you okay?" Ichika's voice interrupted his thoughts.

"H-huh?" his mind shifted back to reality. "O-oh... Ichika, yeah I'm fine." He stared at the eldest daughter. 

Suddenly his heart began to beat faster and faster. What if Ichika was the one he liked now? 

"You don't look like you're fine..." Nino inspected his face.

Shoot. Now Nino was getting close. "I promise... I'm fine!" 

"Are you sure?" Miku leaned in. 

Yotsuba joined as well, "We can take a break if you need."

Fuutarou was having trouble processing what was happening. It was as though he just realized he was surrounded by five incredibly cute sisters. 

He was living the absolute dream life.

Itsuki grabbed his arm, that was the final straw. "E-e-eh?" he said flustered. 

"Are you alright?" she asked him.

"I'm fine, honestly!"

That's right ladies and gentlemen, Fuutarou Uesugi was no longer an anti-simp. His feelings had changed. His eyes opened to realize the quintuplets beside him. As they always were...

Until now, the harem king had brushed away any feeling of chivalry towards those five. Hell, to any girl other than his sister he remained cold. 

But now... It was like a switched turned on inside of him. 

He was... embarrassed? 

No, not that. That's the wrong way to describe it. 

Maybe... disbelief? 

I mean, he was extremely normal compared to the quints. They were extraordinary compared to him. So why were they always with him?

"It's because they see something in you obviously." Raiha said back at their hotel room as Fuutarou poured out his feelings to his little sister. "People don't see it right away, but I know something about you is special. And I'm sure that's what they see in you too!"

He sighed, a faint shade of pink on his face. This was embarrassing, getting advice from his little sister when he was in college. "But I don't really do anything that stands out."

"You don't have to." she said. "And plus, who cares if you're way out of any of their leagues. If they like you then they like you."

"That's the problem... I don't know if they do."

Raiha rolled her eyes, "You know, if you stopped being an idiot and had the balls to actually asked one of them out... But I guess you'll just suffer forever. Besides what's the worst that could happen?"

"They just tell me that I'm just a friend." 

"On the bright side, you're still friends." she smiled. "Call me crazy, but I think at least one of them likes you, probably more if you ask me."

"Well now comes the harder part." 

"Which is?"

"Which one do I like?"

She patted his shoulder, "That sounds like a you problem nii-chan. So get thinking. You've got plenty of options."

He sat back and thought for a little bit. 

Ichika, Nino, Miku, Yotsuba, Itsuki... 

He winced at the remembrance of his struggle back in his final year of high school. The memory where he wasn't able to decide between them as well. 

Only this time... he didn't know if all five of them had lost interest. 

Little did he know...

Everyone was more interested than ever.

Yo! It's been another month right? Guess who remembered their wattpad password...

Nah, I've been around, just not uploading which I know very well I can, but I'm also lazy.

Does that make me a bad author?

Well... maybe not if you're still reading this, hopefully you guys enjoyed this chapter...

Um... I'm just gonna go back into hiding...

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya