Chapter 31

The next thing he knew, Fuutaoru Uesugi was tied down to a chair in the living room of the Nakano residence. 

Six pairs of eyes gazed upon the confused man as he wondered how he got in this situation in the first place. The one Fuutaoru was most concerned about was the look of death Maruo Nakano gave him.

"Can someone please explain why he's here?" the head of the Nakano family blinked.

"Can someone please explain why you're here?" Nino turned the question around. "You're never here!"

"This is my home isn't it?" Maruo Nakano answered. "And it's not your home." He eyed the young college student suspiciously.

"Uhhh..." Fuutarou said as he struggled to untie his hands. "To be honest with you, I don't know how I got here."

"We brought you here." Miku said suddenly.

"Because you have nowhere else to go." Yotsuba added.

"How did you-"

"We overheard your conversation with Raiha and your dad..." Itsuki admitted.

"So you stalked me?!"

"Well, we wanted to repay you for everything you've done for us so far." Ichika smiled.

"And kidnapped me!"

"And you'll stay no matter what!" Nino finished.

"On the contrary." Her father objected. "I hardly believe it's appropriate for a man like Uesugi-kun to stay with my five daughters in this home. Regardless of the situation."

"What if we studied while we're here?" Itsuki suggested.

"There are exams coming up." Miku pointed out.

"And it'll be pretty nostalgic to study here together." Yotsuba said quietly.

"Firstly can I please be untied to this chair-"

"Fine. I see that no convincing will change your minds. Plus I'm late for the hospital." Maruo stood up. "But I'm warning you. If you ever enter my daughter's room without prior permission... I'll end you."

Fuutarou gulped as their father closed the door and headed for work.

The quintuplets let out a sigh of relief.

"So I guess you're staying here eh Fuutarou-kun?" Ichika winked.

"Fuu-kun's gonna live with me one day anyways." Nino teased.

"Fuutarou, you can use my room if you'd like." Miku offered.

"Or you can use the ever comfortable couch we just bought!" Yotsuba added.

"I guess you could say we're like a family now!" Itsuki smiled.

"CAN I PLEASE GET UNTIED?!"

The sun began to creep up and soon light began to fill the penthouse.

Everyone was wide awake caused by the commotion of Fuutarou's "moving in."

Nino began to make breakfast and soon everything seemed to be going as usual.

Fuutarou Uesugi glanced around the home that he had never been in. At least... not recently.

But... now his memories were back. He recalled the countless nights of studying.

The struggles of getting the quintuplets to open their books, to the drama that went on between them.

It made him smile.

"What are you grinning at Fuutarou-kun?" Ichika said sitting down next to him.

"Gah-"

"Was it the thought of maybe sharing a room with one of us? No can do Fuutatou-kun!" Ichika teased. "Well... maybe if you asked nicely."

Fuutarou's face reddened as the eldest quintuplet smirked.

He was always outplayed by her in terms of making the other one embarassed. Even from the high school days...

"Hm, you were always like this weren't you." He sighed.

"I guess I was huh?" Ichika laughed. "Wait. What do you mean always like this?"

"Eh? You know, you teased me when we met in the cafeteria. When you guys transferred to my-"

He was cut off by Ichika covering his mouth.

"Shhh shhh!" She warned. "Come with me."

Fuutarou then found himself in the furthest bedroom in the penthouse.

Ichika's room.

Somehow in the few hours she had moved back in, she had managed to make it messy once again.

Fuutarou shrugged, that was how she always was.

"So why were you covering my mouth?"

"You... you remember high school?" Her eyes widened.

"Ah..."

You see up to this point. He hadn't told anyone other than Itsuki that he remembered everything.

He didn't really take into consideration how the other girls felt about it all.

"Since when?" She demanded.

"Kyoto. A few weeks ago."

Ichika took a deep breath. She couldn't believe it. She was happy, very happy that he remembered high school and the time they spent together.

But then she gasped. If he remembered high school then he would've remembered-

Suddenly someone barged into the room.

"Sorry for the wait!" Yotsuba saluted. "I'm here to clean your room ojou-sama!"

The ribbon girl quickly began to pick up all the clothes off the floor and put them back in their drawers.

Fuutarou stood up, "I'm going to use the bathroom real quick."

"Wait!" Ichika started, "We're not done talking yet!"

Yotsuba glanced over at her sister surprised at her desperation.

"Actually... never mind, we can talk some other time. Just... promise me you'll listen to what I have to say."

Now Yotsuba was even more confused. What could Ichika possibly need to tell Fuutarou that she needed to be alone?

Then it hit her...

ICHIKA WANTED TO TELL FUUTAROU SHE LOVED HIM!!!!

At least so she thought...

Hey guys, it's been a while. But I've found inspiration on how I want to continue the story.

And all it took was re-reading the manga and watching the anime again.

God I love the series so much. God I love Itsuki so much.

Anyways hopefully you all are still doing good! Okay I'm going to go keep writing now. I want to try the thing that apparently schedules the uploads for the chapters!

Now I can pretend I'm a light novelist who releases a chapter every week at a time.

-Kazuya