Chapter 22

"FUU-KUN!!!" Nino yelled tackling the student. 

"Oi Nino! What are you doing in my room?!" he yelled angrily.

She stuck her tongue out playfully, "If you leave your door unlocked it's fair game."

He sighed, no use getting angry when he was in a good mood. "What do you even need?"

"Eh? Fuu-kun isn't getting mad? Someone's happy right now." she looked at him intrigued.

He showed her a piece of paper, "We got our results back for our tests. Guess who's number one?"

She rolled her eyes as she snagged the paper, "Where's Itsuki?"

"Fifteenth I think." he responded.

"How many are there in the class?"

"Like a hundred."

"Awesome! She's getting really good, if she keeps improving she'll pass you!" she taunted.

"It's hard to pass someone with perfect marks." he replied coolly, "Honestly I don't know why you guys need me to tutor you. Though I'm not going to complain, I get to hang out with you guys and earn some money doing so."

Nino just nodded and looked down. She knew exactly why he was still teaching them. She thought back to when she asked that same question.

"Papa, I'm glad you made Fuutarou our tutor again, but why?"

"If you think that I'm doing this on something other than your education then you are wrong. You in fact told me, that you wouldn't learn from anyone else if it wasn't him. I am only doing what is best for my daughters. It is clear to me right now, what is the best for you."

"Or is it maybe since you have taken a liking to him?"

"My relationship to Uesugi-kun is not what we are talking about right now Nino-kun. If you'd like I can find you a better tutor."

She grinned, "Nah, it's fine Papa. Can I ask you something?"

He nodded, "Never be afraid to ask, the worst thing that can happen is that they say no."

"That's what I'm afraid of. Do you think we can get him to remember us?"

"It is a complex case, but once again anything is possible. It's all up to you." he smiled, or at least it looked like he smiled, "After all, he could be my future son in-law at this point. The only question is which daughter..."

She shuddered at the thought of any of her sisters winning him over. Fuutarou was hers and hers only. 

So how was she going to win? At this point did they really need him to remember them? Everything was fine, plus she could steal him right now if she wanted.

She sighed to herself, would that be a douche move on her part? Her sisters would definitely be mad, but in the end did she really care?

Fuutarou was oblivious to her thoughts and grabbed some water, putting the bottle to his lips he started to take a drink.

"Hey Fuu-kun wanna go out with me?"

"Pfft-" he spit out the water. He started gagging and gasping for air. 

Nino rushed over and started patting his back, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine..." he coughed, "What did you say?"

"I said do you want to go out with me." she repeated.

"Oh good, I thought you said that you wanted to go out with- wait what?!" 

"Come on don't be so shocked... so what do you say?" she stared at him.

"Uh-um, you kind of put me on the spot, so give me a little time to think about it." 

They sat there in silence for the next few moments. The awkwardness was killing the both of them.

The former loner was lost in thought, there was no way this was real. All of the Nakano girls were beautiful there was no denying that. 

Any guy would absolutely flip if one of them asked him out. Which Fuutarou was, but he was also confused. Maybe it was because of the moment and the sudden question but it was as though his body stopped functioning.

Nino on the other hand was absolutely panicking. Did he hate her now? Will they ever get back to normal? What even was normal? WHY COULDN'T HE JUST REMEMBER THEM?!

"H-hey I have to go get ready for work now..." Nino lied. She honestly just needed to get out of there. 

"O-okay..." he said as she closed the door. "Hey wait a second, you don't have work on Saturdays-"

It hadn't sunk in until now. Fuutarou Uesugi was just asked out by Nino Nakano. The one thing the books can't teach is love. No matter how hard he studied he's bound to fail the only test that matters.

Would he get another chance? Or did he blow it with not only Nino, but all of them?

Nino stormed into their apartment. "I'm so stupid, I'm so stupid... why did I ask him out?!"

"YOU WHAT?!" voices screamed at her.

She looked up shocked, "Uhh... how's your guys' day?"

Four pairs of eyes angrily stared at the second oldest quintuplet.

Nino stuck out her tongue playfully, "Whoops... my bad!"

Okay how many times am I going to need to be resurrected... Come on Author-kun get a schedule together! 

I think it's been more than a month since I last updated lmao.

So yeah sorry about that! Also how does this book have 14k reads? 

Anyways thanks for reading! Hopefully nobody dies before I finally come out with my next chapter... 

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya