Chapter 25

"Wake up!" Raiha jumped on her elder brother's bed. It was day two of their little amusement park journey and the older Uesugi was fast asleep.

It was indeed a tiring day, but there was a certain reason why Fuutarou was extremely tired. Last night, he was already in bed getting ready to sleep when he received a text.

Meet me outisde.

It was Itsuki.

Now you could argue that he could've ignored her text, but Itsuki had already seen that he saw her text and followed up by texting once again.

Now.

So he glanced over at the sleeping Raiha and groaned. He had no choice, once a Nakano sister had him cornered, there was no escape.

Stammering out of the door he expected to see Itsuki in the hallway. Although he later figured out she meant literally to meet her outside.

The youngest quintuplet glowed in the moonlight. Normally Fuutarou would expect a simple "Uesugi-kun," but this time he was greeted with "We need to talk."

It was clear she was serious about something. "What's up?" was all he could respond with.

"I don't know if you've realized this, but we've been hanging out with each other a lot recently." she said quietly.

"Too much in fact." He nodded.

"Shut up." She held her hand up, "Don't you understand why?"

"Because... we live right next to each other?"

"It's because one of us likes you." 

This was news to Fuutarou, who believed love was stupid. "Where are the cameras?"

"Huh?" 

"I know this is a prank to get me to blush or something, just hurry up and show yourselves."

"No, this is serious." she said calmly. 

"So... why did I need to know this?" he asked cluelessly.

"Um... you remember mentioning those 'dreams' you had. About us going to high school together?" she started to become a little nervous.

"Yeah...?" Fuutarou was starting to become a little scared by her tone. 

"Do you really not have any memory that you for sure knew it happened?" Itsuki knew she was playing with fire asking these types of questions. At any given moment he could start pursuing her questions even more. Asking why she would nag on about that subject anyways.

"You're making me a little more confused than I should be." He scratched his head. Maybe it was because he was tired. Maybe if he was a little more awake he would understand a little more of what she was talking about. 

All she could do was nod, "Okay... I'm going to take you someplace tomorrow okay? See if something clicks then."

"Okay?" he agreed just so the conversation would end and he could fall back asleep, not realizing that he was in for a huge reality check.

After being rudely awakened by his little sister, Fuutarou did his usual morning routine. After showering and eating some breakfast he joined his friends in the hotel lobby with Raiha.

"So what are we doing today Raiha-chan?" Yotsuba asked amped up for another day of fun.

"Let's go look at the famous places in Kyoto!" Raiha happily cheered.

"Can't we look at something else?" Fuutarou sighed, "It's just we've been here before. Two times."

"You may have gone, but I've never been!" She complained. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah!" All of the quintuplets cheered.

"Fine..."

As they journeyed their way through the different parts of Kyoto, Fuutarou was given a bit of a nostalgic feeling. 

You see, the two times he had been to Kyoto were both on school trips. Sixth grade and his senior year of high school. 

Each trip started out great, however there was something a bit off. There was a girl, with pink hair and blue eyes that he met the first time he went. 

He met her in the most unexpected way possible. A sheer coincidence some might say. Other would call it fate. You see while taking pictures on his camera little Fuutarou was accused of taking pictures of a random girl, however not wanting to show that he was actually taking pictures of his crush at the time he was almost sent back to his teacher.

Until she came along. The one that changed his life forever. That person was someone he couldn't ever forget... but he questioned whether or not it was reality.

I mean, it just seemed too perfect to be true. This seemed planned out or something. A romance plot that you would find in an anime. 

But like Fuutarou has mentioned before... his life is nothing close to an anime. 

He couldn't help but wonder if that day truly happened. When he saw the girl and together they ventured off seeing a lot of different places and ended up getting lost as well.

Something so specific, yet made up as well. At this point Fuutarou couldn't figure out what was reality and what wasn't. 

Then there was the second trip... Maeda and Takeda were in there, but there were five of them. Five girls that looked exactly the same.

Same places visited, but different people. Or... were they? 

The question that bothered Fuutarou the most was, why did it feel like a dream?

Why did it seem like it didn't happen? 

Did something happen that just made it not click for him?

Was he missing a piece of the puzzle?

"Uesugi-kun," Itsuki said next to him, "let's go somewhere real quick."

He nodded, only because he was afraid to say no.

They arrived at the place Itsuki wanted to go to. He recognized the place, it was Kiyomizu-dera Temple. A popular spot where tourists would go.

It was packed, just like it had been... all those years ago. Images of past memories flooded into his head in that moment. The place he took of the picture of that girl... the place he took a picture with those five other girls.

It all of a sudden started coming back to him.

"I-Itsuki?" he asked.

"Yes?" she said looking over the horizon. 

"Have we met before?"

Itsuki blinked, "Come again?"

"Are you Itsuki Nakano from class three-one?" he said, starting to grow a little more confident in what he was saying. "F-from Asahiyama High School. W-we were in the same class in junior and senior year. A-and I think... we went here with you the rest of them?"

Itsuki's eyes widened. Then grew soft again. 

"The truth is..."

She couldn't do it... she couldn't tell him.

So she did one thing that all the quintuplets were skilled at... 

Running away...

Here's chapter 25! Hope you all enjoyed! School has been kicking my butt recently so I'm trying to upload or at least write for you guys. Anyways I'm gonna go sleep now! Love you all!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya