Chapter 20

"Uesugiiiiiiiiiiiii-san!" Yotsuba bumped into the honor student. He had started towards school without them, much to their dismay. 

Indeed he was trying to sneak off without them, not wanting to interact with them as he had an exam today. Itsuki also had to take the same one, but Fuutarou always stayed alone during a test, not wanting to break his concentration.

"Yotsuba, WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT DISTURBING ME BEFORE A TEST?!" he exploded.

She smiled, "I came to wish you good luck!" the air head athlete gave a thumbs up.

"Pfft, who needs luck when you have skill." Fuutarou scoffed, "Of course someone as stupid as you needs luck!" 

"Hey!" she pouted, "Not all of us can be born a genius."

He paused, "I wasn't a genius all the time. I had to work from the bottom up." 

Yotsuba nodded, she knew all to well. After all, she was the reason he started to work hard. "Kind of like the five of us in high school."

"Really? Whoever your tutor was, they seemed to do a good job." he shrugged. "You guys don't really need me, but I won't say no to money!" 

"Yeah, he was really good. The best to be exact." she teased.

"Well obviously he hasn't met me yet." 

"Well..." 

"What do you mean 'well'?" 

"Nothing!" she smiled again.

They arrived shortly after that. "I have to go to practice!" she waved heading off to the only thing that got her to university.

Fuutarou shook his head. "Maybe I will meet their tutor one day, whoever he is, he made my job way easier..."

"I'm lateeeee!" Itsuki sprinted towards the school. "Uesugi-kun didn't wait for me!!" 

Churning up and down the halls looking for her room. "I'm gonna kill him!" 

Breathless, she managed to stumble in the room before the professor came in. She sat down in her seat, turned to Fuutarou and smacked him.

"Ow! What the hell did you do that for?!" he yelled.

"You said you were going to wait for me! I waited fifteen minutes until I realized you were stupid enough to leave! Don't you know it's rude to leave a young lady alone!" she yelled back.

"I don't even remember saying that!"

"Oh yeah?" she took out her phone showing the text history. "See!"

Itsuki: Want to walk to university together?

Fuutarou: What time?

Itsuki: Ten

Fuutarou: K

"Ohhhh..." he nodded. "I didn't think you meant today... I thought you meant tomorrow."

"YOU IDIOT-" the professor walked in before Itsuki could kill Fuutarou.

"Please take your seats. You have an hour to complete this, when you are done bring it up here and have a good rest of your day."

Fuutarou was the first to complete the test, Itsuki followed a few minutes behind. Fearing for his life, the loner decided to wait for her instead of triggering a manhunt.

"Well, at least you felt bad enough to wait for me." she didn't look him in the eye.

"Oi, you're lucky I even stayed."

"So, want to get lunch?" 

"I want to go back to my apartment." he said tiredly. "I have work later."

"Oh come on, since you didn't walk, you owe me." she grabbed his arm.

"As long as you pay fine." 

"Cheap as ever, seriously don't you know it's manners to pay for the lady's food? I mean what would other people think?"

"If people knew how you were they'd feel sorry for me."

"Mean! Why do you always have a comeback for everything I say?"

"I'm just that smart you fool."

"Oh yeah? If you're so smart then why don't you have a girlfriend yet?" 

"I have many friends that are girls. For example, you five. Also why do you need a girlfriend when the only relationship you need is with money?"

"Are you sure? Not even..." she leaned over to him, "the girl from Kyoto?" she whispered.

"What about her?" he said not flinching.

"Oh come on, quit acting like you don't like her. Based on that story it definitely seemed like you fell for her." 

"That was five years ago, I've moved on from my middle school crush."

"Are you sure about that? What if it was one of us?" she raised her eyebrow.

"Then I'd run away as fast as possible."

"Which isn't very fast." Yotsuba said panting beside them. 

"Shouldn't you be at practice?" 

"We're running around the entire campus twice." she shrugged. "Where are you two going?" 

"To the bakery near here." 

"You mean-" she paused.

"YOTSUBA! KEEP RUNNING!" her coach called from afar.

"See ya." she said picking up the pace.

"What were you trying to say earlier?!" Itsuki questioned her older sister she was ignored. "Forget her!" she pouted, "Come on I'm hungry!"

"Jesus, and they call you meat-bun for a reason." 

"Call me that again and I'll beat you."

They walked into the café. "Welco-" the workers paused. Fuutarou and Itsuki paused.

"You've got to be kidding me." Itsuki sighed.

"I'll say." the second quintuplet shook her head.

"Didn't think you guys would show up." Miku said leaning on the counter.

"So I take it you work here?" Fuutarou asked.

"Yeah, during the morning classes, then we go to afternoon classes." Nino told him, "So what will it be?"

"On second thought, I'm not hungry." Itsuki started pulling him away.

"Yeah, well I am." Fuutarou stood firm. "You agreed to pay for me so I'll have a sandwich please."

"Uesugi-kun! Fine. Make it three sandwiches."

"Who's the other for?" Miku tilted her head.

Itsuki blushed, "Me..." 

Nino laughed, "Ah don't worry meat-bun, we already knew it was for ya."

"I hate you two." 

"Love you too." Miku replied, "That'll be sixteen dollars and eighty-five cents please." 

"Well Itsuki, you were paying right?" Fuutarou urged her.

"Fine, but you have to come to park with me after this." she took out her card.

"Sure sure, thanks for the food!" he grabbed the sandwiches. "So which park are we going to?"

"Not now..." she sighed, "Tonight, there's something I'd like to talk to you about..."

Why am I putting so much Itsuki in these chapters? Don't worry, I'll add the rest soon lol. Thanks for reading! Also I just noticed that we're getting like 150 reads per chapter?! How?!

So I just wanted to say thank you all so much! This is incredible! Love you all!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya