Chapter 13

"Gather around everyone..." the once lonely honor student called. "I am your tutor, your father has hired me and is even paying me to do this." He was standing in the apartment of his neighbors. Also known as the quintuplets' apartment.

The five girls just stared in awe. Their father told them that Fuutarou would be coming over to teach them, but they didn't think he actually was. The young man was a little confused at how happy they were to see him. 

"Um... so what do we need to study?" he asked a little put off by the smiling faces of all of them.

"Science." the red haired girl with stars stated.

"Japanese." the green ribbon girl chimed.

"History." the quiet and what seemed to look like emotionless one called.

"English." the one with pink hair and ribbons nodded.

"Math." the short haired girl smiled.

The navy haired boy nodded his head up and down. "I see, one for each subject? Standard quintuplets, most would argue that you should be the same, but most actually struggle in things the others don't struggle in. I remember learning from somewhere that if the quintuplets can do whatever one can do, then it should be the same for studying!"

"Where, where did you hear that from?" asked a stunned Miku. She remembered flashbacks when she first opened up to him, she told him that the quintuplets can do whatever she can, which Fuutarou took as the same for learning.

"Um... I can't remember where, but I do remember hearing it from someone. I think in my second year of high school." he closed his eyes trying to remember.

Oddly enough, her voice sounded familiar. In fact all five of the girls sounded familiar. He tried to think back if he heard them somewhere else. 

The only thing he could remember was seeing them in the hospital after the car crash. He might've heard them helping him into the ambulance. But there was something oddly distinct about their voice.

"Well... I guess we can start with this practice test." he took out a packet of papers. 

The youngest Nakano quintuplet tried her best not to think about Fuutarou right now. She focused on the practice test that she was taking. Memories flooded back into her mind of being in their living room and just studying. Nothing cliché needed to happen, she was fine with just hanging out. Those were her fondest memories. 

A thought came into her mind at that moment. What if they somehow brought back Fuutarou's memory? How though, and would it even work? She finished the questions and wondered for a moment. Their father told them that if they could trigger something in his mind, then he could possibly remember.

The other four finished up their problems shortly after her. It was true that they all were distracted by him. 

"I'll grade these before our next session, since this is supposed to be quick do we have any questions?"

"Um you really don't need to be this formal." Yotsuba scratched her head.

"We don't want a teacher-student type of friendship..." Ichika said calmly.

"So what would you like me to do?" he asked.

All five looked at each other and nodded, "Be our friend!" 

Later that day Fuutarou sat in bed, "There's something about them... I swear I've met them before!" 

Takeda and Maeda both wanted to say something... But they knew they couldn't, it wouldn't be right for him to learn this way. If his memory was to return about the quintuplets, it's best if he was the one to realize it himself.

"Be their friend?" He wondered aloud. He used to be cold to everyone, not allowing people to get close to him. With only one thing in mind, getting good grades to one day impress the girl he met in Kyoto.

But something happened in high school... He couldn't pin point it but at some point in time he opened up to others. He became friends with Takeda and Maeda. He was no longer a loner, but instead the class rep. 

He knew someone had to have changed him, but the question is who? 

There was something special about those five... maybe it was because they saved his life? Maybe because their father offered him a job? But maybe, just maybe... it was something more than that. 

And that's what he aimed to find out.

"So what do you all think?" Nino asked the group of five.

"What do you mean?" Yotsuba said confused.

"Duh, she's talking about the meeting today." Miku sighed.

"I think it went surprisingly well." Itsuki commented.

"Yeah it's good to see that he's not like the first time we met." Ichika grinned.

"I'm glad that he still kept his new personality and opened up to us. Even if he doesn't know who we are." Miku added.

"Hey, didn't dad say we could possibly trigger his memory?" Itsuki questioned the girls.

"He did say that there was a small chance that Fuutarou can get it back." 

"What if we showed him this?" Nino smiled holding up the photo that changed their lives completely.

The picture of the five of them in Kyoto. Seven years ago. Would it work? It had to, but first they needed to build their friendship with him.

fjklewojewjprjenkn It's been a month my God... Sorry, next chapter will come out next week! I'll start updating weekly!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid! 

-Kazuya