Chapter 37

Fuutarou Uesugi awoke to a disturbing sound upstairs. It was the sound of sisters quarreling.

When you have siblings, it's a given that you'll have arguments (unless you have like a sibling complex like Fuutarou.) The closer the age gap, the more likely they'll argue.

Now imagine you're born on the same day. Oh yeah, and there's five of you.

So it's honestly a miracle that the quintuplets don't fight as much as most siblings do. Unless your names are Miku and Nino.

"Did you take my sweatshirt again?!"

"So what, I liked it so I took it."

"You should at least ask."

"Huh? You realize that anything you own I own too."

"Give it back."

"Relax, I already put it in the washer."

"What?! You know that material shrinks right?"

"Then just go buy it again. Why would you buy something that shrinks when you wash it? If anything this is your fault!"

"My fault? I knew you were stupid but I didn't think you were that stupid. But then again it's so on brand of you to not know how to wash clothes without a washing machine."

"Excuse me? Last I checked the washing machine washes clothes. How am I supposed to know that your sweatshirt would shrink?"

"Maybe if you asked then you could've found out."

Yeah... they always argue like that.

"Good morning to you guys too." Fuutaoru sighed as he watched the two continue to go back and forth.

The two ignored the freshly awakened Fuutarou and resumed their fight.

"How do you guys get used to this?" he scratched his head as he watched the remaining three quintuplets walk down the stairs.

"They're like this all the time so you kind of get used to it." Ichika said while stretching.

"I've learned just to tune them out." Yotsuba said opening the fridge.

"It's kind of hard to tune them out when they're fighting in the middle of the hallway no?" he glanced up and saw that the two of them were still there arguing.

"To be fair, they're really close with each other. Sometimes I think they have the closest relationship between us sisters." Itsuki sat down at the table, ready to devour the already made meal by Nino.

"I would never be able to tell based on how they treat each other."

"Ehhh? You and Raiha-chan don't fight?" Ichika cheekily smiled.

"Of course not, I always do all I can to make her happy." He boasted proudly.

"I think you definitely have a sis-con Uesugi-San." Yotsuba laughed.

"You and I have a sis-con don't we Yotsuba? Fuutarou-kun I will not give her to you ever." Ichika warned.

"That-" Fuutarou started.

"U-Uesugi-san can have me i-if he wants..." the ribbon girl said quietly causing a new wave of expressions to come about the four of them.

Itsuki gawked at the boldness, Ichika's smile turned a darker shade, Fuutarou was pretending he didn't hear anything, and Yotsuba was even more red than a tomato.

The awkward silence was soon filled with the concluding argument between Nino and Miku.

"Fine! I'll go buy you another one. Will that make you happy?" Nino finally caved in.

"And this time you'll ask before just taking."

"No guarantees." The butterfly pin haired girl walked down the stairs. "I'm borrowing Fuu-Kim too..."

"Uh I actually have to study." He said while being dragged off by Nino.

"We'll be back!"

The door closed, leaving only the four of them there. 

"What just happened?" Miku called from the mini balcony of their apartment.

And believe me when I say... they could not tell you.

Many different emotions were going through their heads. First of all, what did Yotsuba say? And second of all did Nino just snag Fuutarou all under their noses? 

***

"What are we doing again?" Fuutarou grumbled as he found himself in a department store with Nino.

"I've said this a hundred times, we're buying Miku another sweatshirt because I apparently 'ruined' hers." Nino shrugged. "Honestly it's such a pain that she makes such a big deal out of it. I already said I'm sorry." 

"But you didn't say that..." he sweat dropped. "And no, I know why you're here. But why am I here?"

"Are you really going to let a young woman like me walk and carry all of this stuff by myself? How unmanly of you." the second oldest quintuplet shook her head in disgust.

"It's one sweatshirt. How can you not carry one sweatshirt?" 

"Well Mr. know it all, let me spell it out for you. I'm not here just to buy the sweatshirt. I'm obviously going to buy other things too, it'd be a waste to just come here for one thing." 

"I'm going home." he began to move towards the exit.

"Oi," Nino tugged on him. "Stop being so rude. Shouldn't be glad you're on a date with me?" she smiled cheekily.

Others around them started to look in confusion. That guy? On a date with her?

The dull looking Fuutarou Uesugi is on a date with the beautiful Nino Nakano? In what twisted world does this happen. And the fact that Nino is in love with this guy? Not the other way around?

It just doesn't seem fair...

As the two continued Nino's shopping spree, Fuutarou had a short realization. She was the last one. 

Nino was the last one out of the five he hadn't told that his memory had returned to him.

"Hey Nino..." 

It was rare for him to initiate the conversation between them. Nino shot him a look of surprise followed by a sly smile. 

"Yes my Fuu-kun?" 

"Um, I need to tell you something." 

Suddenly Nino's heart began to race. Was this the moment? Did she finally win him over? Was all the effort finally bearing it's fruit?

"Y-yeah?"

"I remember... everything..."

Flashbacks started to come to her as she recalls the many events. All with Fuutarou's words playing in her mind on repeat. 

"A-am I the only who knows?" 

He shook his head. 

"Do they know?" 

He nodded.

"FUU-KUN YOU IDIOT!" she dropped all of the items she was carrying and took off.

Leaving Fuutarou standing there in shock. 

"What did I just do?" he wondered.

What's up guys... I'm so tired... as of the time I'm writing this I'm studying for my first exams of the semester and I'm literally going to die. 

Hopefully you all enjoyed this chapter. Also by the time this comes out we all would have said bye to the quintuplets... the final special airs today and I think I have tears in my eyes...

Luckily this story will continue. I hope.

See you all next week!

-Kazuya